by ChickensDontLie

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bad Randomizer
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Things become repetitiv cause the randomizer seems off
What do you expect to see? More variety
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Collection Thread for things that happen too often for one specific thing. 

• I have too many abductions
  • I have no abductions
  • I have too many Twins
  • I have no twins
  • I have only boys
  • I have only girls
  • No Aliens phone/come over when using Satellit dish
  • Same Sims is winning the Accolades over and over
  • Off-springs of occults always occults
  • Vacation worlds have only special Sims NPCs

If you see anything that's too many times for the same thing, complain here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 169 (4,295 Views)

Randomizer is clearly borked / 18 sets of twins

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have posted about this twice in the guru thread, 1 time on a gurus page, and 2 times in the tech. issues forum and now a fellow simmer has directed me to this forum. 

I have no mods in my game. I have not used the fertility thing.

Up to the point when I had my first set of twins my births were 50/50. Since having my first set of twins my randomizer seems stuck.
I am now up to 18 sets of twin boys and 3 single births that are girls. That is 36 boys / 3 girls and the ONLY way I can get those girls/single births is when the household is up to 7 and baby makes 8.

Now I fully understand the concept of 50/50 chance but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this is well out of the realm of chance. I am now left with the choice of continuing to have nearly nothing but twin boys or stop having babies and use the adoption instead. If I use adoption then what is the point of genetics?

I don't expect a guru to say, "Here is your fix" BUT at least acknowledge that this is NOT working as intended and will be on the list of things to look into.

I'm not asking for miracles, just common decency in customer service.

***Edit to update info:

I abandoned my legacy family and  started over, the new family has had a single birth/boy. I'm not worried about getting boys/girls I just don't want to get stuck with so many twins again Standard smile **fingers crossed**

Message 1 of 169 (10,199 Views)

Re: Randomizer is clearly borked / 18 sets of twins

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ladybreid Moved to bug reporting and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 169 (10,161 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for moving this but still not having much luck Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 169 (10,142 Views)

Hero

I've put it on the list and now it is up to EA to find and fix. Not much more I can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 169 (10,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you!!

pretty sure I love you now :D 

at least I know it's on a list. Just for added info I rolled a new family and they had a single birth/boy so hopefully it was only stuck with the one house, keeping my fingers crossed. 

Message 5 of 169 (10,125 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not a solution,  but if you want to fight the boy overhang, you can use a cheat that allows sending a Sim to the char generator, where you can alter Gender and Name. But the baby has to get out of the crib first.

Message 6 of 169 (10,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I thought about that but have heard it messes up relationships.

At this point even without a solution if someone from EA/maxis would at leat say they are looking into it I'd be happy. Waiting this long with  no  response from them really plums me off. I'm getting sick of cruddy customer service. 

Message 7 of 169 (10,025 Views)

Hero

The EA devs are not here. Try twitter if you want an answer from them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 169 (10,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im still having this issue as well. I hope they make a patch for it soon. I either have all boys in a family or if I switch to a different save game I have all girls. Really annoying some diversity would be great.

Message 9 of 169 (9,882 Views)