[ARCHIVED] [COLLECTION THREAD] Texture Glitches

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Apartment oddities (City Living)

Hero (Retired)

I'll take a look at these.  Some we already know about, such as the darkened cabinets, but haven't yet figured out how to reproduce.  Others are new.  Will let you know my findings.

Message 81 of 162 (1,548 Views)

Re: Apartment oddities (City Living)

★ Guide

@BryonyRae

I "think" I may have found a way to replicate. It seems that some wall-mounted things such as certain curtains (like the blinds from Get To Work) and cabinets ignore ceiling lights until you leave the lot meaning you can go into Edit Mode of another lot, for instance. Upon returning to my flat, the cabinets looked fine and bright. Then I removed the placeholder ceiling lamp (the lantern from basegame), used a different ceiling light and all of a sudden cabinets went dark again.

Maybe try that?

Message 82 of 162 (1,545 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Apartment oddities (City Living)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The ZenView apartments have problems with the roofs of the balconies. One of them can be fixed, but the upper balcony can not. :-/

Message 83 of 162 (1,492 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Posting on behalf of @ju1ka since I split the thread:

122 Hakim House in Art Quarter appears to be missing a window, based on the layout of the building:

missingwindow.png

Message 84 of 162 (1,457 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ju1ka  I have completed testing some of the issues you've reported.  I can confirm that there are odd colored ceilings in 21 Chic Street (all apartments), Zenview Apartments (all), Alto - 1020, Landgraab (all), and in Fountainview Penthouse.  I too see the missing wall pattern by the elevator in Hakim House, and the missing window on the exterior of 122 Hakim House.  I will add these to the index.

Message 85 of 162 (1,548 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CellyLeonel I see the same issue in my game and have added it to our list.  Thank you for the report. Standard smile

Message 86 of 162 (1,521 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Adding one from our Build Mode Feedback thread.  The Let There Be Light and Let There Be More Light windows have a mismatched white palette selection (all other palette selections fully match color).

11-17-16_4-10-45 PM.png

Message 87 of 162 (1,516 Views)

Jagged edges on wooden floors - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've seen it on multiple sims forums but not on here yet, but if it's double I'm sorry.
I've also tested this issue on my GTX 1080, GTX 820 and an integrated intel chip, all on Windows 10 and on both a 1980*1080 and a 1366*768 screen. I've also tested both bordeless windows and full screen mode. I prefer to use bordeless windowed because of a dual screen set-up.

I'm now running on the next specs:

MSI GTX 1080 gaming X (2000MHz)

Intel Core i5-6600K (4.2GHz boost)
16GB DDR4 RAM

MSI Tomahawk AC

2* 1980*1080 screen (60Hz, 2ms reaction time)

I have some trouble with antialiasing. I've known that there is no transparency antialiasing, but this can be forced through my video adapter in case of the Nvidia cards. It seems a bit of an odd choice tho as the game has a lot of things like windows. Some windows suffer from horrible "jagged edges" without transparent antialiasing forced by a video-adapter, but it's fixable so I'm okay with it. The Sims 4 isn't made for graphic loving IT nerd after all.

However, even when done this, the bump maps on wooden floors show up horribly, it seems the bump maps that contains the channels between the wood don't render well. No matter how much AA I trow at them, they stay suffering from some severe jagged edges. Even using custom made ENB/ReShade AA isn't strong enough to fix it. Especially on floors with many lines between the wooden planks it get's bad. And whenever I move the camera, those jagged edges get a lot worse, as it always does when there is a lack of AA.

I've had this issues since day one, but I just avoided the floors that where the worst. However, my apartment in city living has the worst floor when it comes to this issue, so as I can't change that floor, it annoys me a lot. I'm just hopping it's not a problem to deep in the engine to fix after release. Floor are no CC, and I've tested the issue without CC as well. It remains.

I also have tried different anisotropic settings in Nvidia control panel.

Also, I'm a software engineer myself, so no need to keep explanations simple.

Photo highlights some problem area's. I suggest opening in new tab due to the size.

Message 88 of 162 (1,563 Views)

Re: Jagged edges on wooden floors - Sims 4

@Cambionnn moved to the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 89 of 162 (1,543 Views)

Re: Jagged edges on wooden floors - Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry. I filled it it was about a bug at first, but I think I did something wrong afterwards making it go to the wrong place.

First time actually use Answer HQ, normally IF I have something. It goes imminently to EA instead of Answer HQ.

Message 90 of 162 (1,537 Views)