by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Grasses did not touch the ground

Hero

@azmilarash96 Do you still see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 162 (1,488 Views)

Warped Wall Patterns on half walls

★★ Guide

Wall patterns warp at the corners of half walls, it is most noticeable with the vertical wall patterns. It causes the pattern on the half wall to not align with the same pattern on full walls.

Message 11 of 162 (2,261 Views)

Wet Beds!

★★ Guide

something I noticed last night Raised eyebrow (in the game!)

wet bed shadow

I recently installed the very cool day bed/bench by Plasticbox at MTS and therefore had to install separated mattresses too. But if I read it correctly Plasticbox uses the textures already in the game so I believed it unlikely that the Plasticbox mattresses would affect the in game beds, as it would seem more likely the other way round.

I removed the mods folder (I only have a few Plasticbox overrides and CC in there anyway) deleted the cache, repaired the game but it made no difference, the beds still have a big embaressing 'wet' shadow. I put my handful of mods back again as it only affects that bed style, and replaced the beds with junior versions that at least appear to be clean and dry!

Message 12 of 162 (2,265 Views)

Re: Wet Beds!

Hero

Is this new ? Don't you think it's simply part of the way it looks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 162 (2,249 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@reboot2019 I can't make out any detail in those pictures because they are quite small.  Any chance you could link to larger versions?  I'm not sure if you're talking about the shadows under the bed or something you're seeing on the surface of the bed.

Message 14 of 162 (1,747 Views)

Re: Warped Wall Patterns on half walls

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This problem isn't really specific to half walls.  The wall styles with this issue tend to warp near corners of full walls as well as half walls:

01-10-16_11-15-39 AM.png

I'm hoping that screen shot isn't too small - look closely near the corners on both sides, and you will see that the seams are off.  This particular wall style is Pinstripe Grains.  Other wall styles with the problem include Steamy Slats, Matchstick Mania, Zentastic Tiles, Starboard (although the distortion is very slight), Vertical Hold, Country Fieldstone, Rustic Riverstone, Vertical Clapboard Corner, and Vertical Clapboard.  Several of these are from various game packs/stuff packs.  Interestingly, none of the new vertical styles from Get Together are glitched in this manner.

Steam Slats also has a weird cut-off shadow between floors that I haven't seen on other wall styles:

01-10-16_11-23-44 AM.png

Message 15 of 162 (1,747 Views)

Re: Warped Wall Patterns on half walls

Hero (Retired)

Also, half walls do have their own issue where they join to a wall - they extend into the wall a bit, which creates an odd looking glitch with a vertical wall style:

01-10-16_10-51-30 AM.png

Message 16 of 162 (1,743 Views)

★★ Guide

@BryonyRae @crinrict I've posted some bigger screenshots here

I put a bed outside and the screenshots were taken mid afternoon. When the Sim lifts the top cover the sheet below is black! Although you can still his own shadow on it, the other screenshots show him sleeping in the bed (which still strikes me as a bit creepy taking screen shots of sleeping Sims!)

It looks horrible though and those aren't cheap beds! I don't see that effect on any other beds, although I have noticed grumblings about how uncomfortable the air beds are to sleep in and I've never noticed that before.

Message 18 of 162 (1,732 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thank you for the images.  I can now see what you're talking about and was able to duplicate the issue.  I would definitely consider this a texture glitch, after comparing these beds to all the rest.  There is a cut-off in color between the upper portion of the bed, where the pillows are and the rest of the sheet that makes it look very odd.  No other beds have this; their sheets are a consistent color.

01-11-16_8-59-27 AM.png

Some color combinations are even worse than the red one you used!

01-11-16_8-59-48 AM.png

The beds with this issue are the Discretion Single Bedsystem and Discretion Double Bedsystem.  @crinrict if you could merge this into the Texture collection thread, I think it belongs there.

Message 19 of 162 (1,718 Views)

Hero

@BryonyRae @reboot2019 

Done

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 162 (1,714 Views)