[ARCHIVED] [COLLECTION THREAD] Texture Glitches

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Texture Glitches

Hero (Retired)

I know you said it was a fresh installation @Butterskotchus, but would you please clear the cache and also repair the game via Origin.  Sounds strange, I know, but I've had to do that before, even after a complete reinstall, in order to eliminate some glitches.  I just want to make sure that it's not a one-off glitch for you.

Message 151 of 162 (1,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for the response, @BryonyRae

I tried repairing the game and clearing the cache before reinstalling. But I just tried it again, and it's the same, a black square instead of the moon.

It did occur to me, however, that the entire night sky in the harbor is different from the other BB neighborhoods -- much darker and starrier. Which is fine in itself, but again makes me wonder whether the sky in that neighborhood is accidentally referencing the San Myshuno sky.

UPDATE: I achieved a kind of workaround by using a mod to substitute BB's lighting in the harbor with Forgotten Hollow's lighting. Which isn't ideal, but at least the moon is back.

Message 152 of 162 (975 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think the next step @Butterskotchus would be to have someone test who has the Cats & Dogs expansion but not City Living.  I have both, but I may be able to test on a second computer when its not in use.  That probably won't be until Monday, but I'll let you know if I can reproduce the issue then.  Glad you found a workaround for now!

Message 153 of 162 (933 Views)

Re: Fences without texture

★★ Guide

I reinstalled both Origin and Sims 4, but the glitch still occurs occasionally. Doesn't seem to be corruption then? Maybe I simply need to upgrade to a newer operating system.

Message 154 of 162 (893 Views)

★★★ Guide
Has anyone noticed how they forgot to add wallpaper in practically every build they do? Like its so annoying when you put the walls up and there's just a whole wall not painted. Could they still go back and fix this though?
Message 155 of 162 (869 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is anyone else getting what looks to be an unfinished swatch for the Straight Not Slanted wallpaper?

zMxKNMR.png

Message 156 of 162 (825 Views)

Re: Texture Glitches

★ Apprentice

I am also having the same issue with both of those tables

Message 157 of 162 (815 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I've the same problem. I can't change patterns of Movie Hangout Stuff and Backyard dining tables!

Message 158 of 162 (786 Views)

★★ Novice

The millys dining table has been fixed due to one of the recent patches. but the movie hangout table the Run Run Runerway table still has the issue with not changing pallet swatches

Message 159 of 162 (712 Views)

Re:

★ Apprentice
Yes, I also have problem with the movie hangout dinner table not changing colors. This will be fixed too and soon I hope!
Message 160 of 162 (672 Views)