[COLLECTION THREAD] Stuck Display

by crinrict

Original Post

Continuing Tedious conversation?

★★★★★ Newbie

My male sim, Ben, was having a conversation with his friend, Mekhi, at my sims residence in Willow Springs . The conversation took on a "tedious" characteristic and Ben got the bored emotion. I directed Ben to shower as his roomate, Jennifer, pursued the conversation with the friend, Mekhi. 

After Ben got out of the shower, I noticed that the "tedious conversation" notification was still there. Knowing that the sims can multitask, I wrote it off initially. Jennifer eventually asked Mekhi to leave. However, he did not actually leave.  None of my sims had the "ask to leave" option for Mekhi as it was all grayed out and when I hovered over the interaction with my mouse, it said "this sim is already leaving!" but he didn't leave.

I had Ben initiate another conversation with Mekhi (ask to hang out) and the two talked a bit longer (still a tedious conversation) and then Ben finally had the option to "ask to leave". I had him ask Mekhi to leave, but once again he did not leave. I finally sent all three of my sims to bed and finally Mekhi left the household on his own....

However, it has been two whole sim days, Mekhi is nowhere to be seen and Ben is still apparently having a tedious conversation with him. That must be one really boring convo Confusedmileywink:

Ben can do all of his interactions, there is no gameplay interruption. He can have other conversations with other sims. However, the tedious conversation also remains, along with the status of the current conversation.  

I have tried to reset Mekhi Beaty, but I get a message that this sim can not be reset because he does not have a home. He is a member of the Beaty household, which is an unplayed household, not assigned to a world.

I have reset Ben and the sims does reset himself, but the conversation status does not disappear.  As I said, it doesn't interrupt gameplay, it's just kind of annoying.

I took a screenshot, but the conversation status does not show up in the picture.

I

Message 10 of 108 (1,631 Views)

Re: Shower Issue

★★★★ Guide

This has happened to me twice, and both occurances involved the sim being still fully clothed when trying to use the shower/jet baths. Travelling to another lot and back seemed to fix it for me.

Message 11 of 108 (4,922 Views)

Re: Continuing Tedious conversation?

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 108 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tried the first 2 didnt work. The last do I type the whole line in as it didnt work nor after the --> What can I do now? Ive deleted the shower and the walls but the water is still running.  Thanks leaving the house visting and coming back did fix the problem Standard smile

Message 13 of 108 (4,894 Views)

Hero

Accepting @Hroun_88 post as a solution for now since this traveling seems to get rid of the effect for most.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 108 (4,884 Views)

Sim wakes up - ZZZ's still above head

★ Novice

Had 3 male sims sleeping simulaneously, one sim woke up naturally first, and the ZZZ's graphical animation has been playing over his head since. 

Thought it would reset once he had another natural sleep, but they are still there. also when he left for work and loaded back into the home he still had it.

I am now not home, but I will update this if I go home and find that a reload has worked, and ill figure out how to reset sim, and try editing him in CAS. Hopefully that will fix it. :manhappy:

Message 15 of 108 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I seem to be having this same bug, but it's affecting all showers in the game. When selected the only option is to upgrade faucets. I can't even take a shower at the gym, sim hasn't been able to shower in almost a week. walls and the item itself obviously aren't the issue as it's game wide, and i'm not sure what to type after "testingcheats true" (no quotes) to try and reset/debug that way? just downloaded the game, no CC, windows 7, alienware i7 laptop (only a couple months old). leaving lot and returning doesn't work, have tried more than once.

Message 16 of 108 (4,854 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up - ZZZ's still above head

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 108 (1,549 Views)

Hero

Did reloading not solved it either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 108 (1,129 Views)

Character constantly sweating / crying

★★★ Newbie

My athletic sim whom I created today started the game doing sit ups, and has been sweating or crying profusely ever since.  All of his needs have been met, and he is happy, but drops of water are dripping from his head or hair, and nothing I do makes it stop.  Not sure what it's supposed to mean...

Message 19 of 108 (934 Views)