Re: Name and Age Glitch

by ForestNinja0

Original Post

Help required

★★★ Newbie

When you hover your cursor over a sim it generally shows the sim's name, age, mood and clubs (in 'Get Together') etc and then disappear when you move your mouse. For some sims (usually just one) the image above their head telling me their basic details won't go away. I have tried resetting/ debugging the individual sim but it won't get rid of it. Please help.

Message 81 of 108 (2,045 Views)

Re: Help required

★★★ Newbie

(this bug was happening before i downloaded/ added 'Get Together'.)

Message 82 of 108 (2,039 Views)

Re: Help required

Hero

Hi @rangoli2

merged with collection thread on the issue

Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 108 (2,026 Views)

Sim Information Stuck above sims' head

★★ Novice

Sometimes I have the information bubble that appears above a sim when you hover it stuck there forever. It will not go away even when you hover other sims or objects. Travelling does not clear the stuck information, although restarting the game has worked for me before. It does happen regularly though.

Message 84 of 108 (2,020 Views)

Re: Sim Information Stuck above sims' head

Hero

@Julyvee94 Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 108 (2,013 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Stuck Display

★★ Guide

I've experienced this one frequently as well and unfortunately, once you've saved, the only solution is to roll back to the previous save. This occurs with all menu items and objects with description or status popups on hover. I've found that it occurs if you select an option or change focus during initialization of the popup. if you see this happen before saving you can remove the bubble/popup by repeating the action (recalling the function within the same context) and on exit the bubble/popup will be reset and destroyed.

Message 86 of 108 (1,994 Views)

Mouse-Over Name/Age/Clubs Pop-Up Won't Go Away

★★★★ Novice

I've looked all over for a thread with this issue but frankly I'm not sure what to call it or how to classify it. So what's happening is on one particular sim the pop-up with her name, age and clubs follows her around and doesn't fade like it usually should. It even hovers above the point she disappeared from when she goes to work! I've had this problem on two separate games, the first time I just ignored it but it's starting to really bug me. Pun not intended, but there you go. I have mods now, but I didn't the first time. The first time if I hovered over the sim again with the mouse, it layered a second pop-up on top, slightly skewed from the first one. So far that hasn't happened in my current game, but in all other respects it's the same issue. It's just so irritating... I've tried travelling and resetting but nothing seems to work. I also had my sim quit a club, but the annoying perma-bubble still lists it. It also maintains that the other club she is part of is "Currently Gathering" when it in fact is not. Please help me get rid of this thing, it is driving me insane!

Message 87 of 108 (1,998 Views)

Re: Mouse-Over Name/Age/Clubs Pop-Up Won't Go Away

Hero

@sweetsorcery

Merged.

Restarting the game completely usually gets rid of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 108 (1,981 Views)

Name and Age Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes, I will hover over a Sim and there name and age will stay above them no matter what I do. That includes scroll back over them, entering in cheats and debuging the Sim, restarting the game. It gets very annoying... So how do I make it go away?

Many thanks,

crazyboy953

Message 89 of 108 (2,007 Views)

Re: Name and Age Glitch

★★ Guide

Add your comments to the 'Stuck Display' thread. You'll have to roll back to the previous save to remove the stuck popups since the value is set in your household data.

Message 90 of 108 (2,004 Views)