by omk358

Original Post

Re: sims 4 talking to other sims

Hero

@batmansrightnut Merged with existing thread. Try going travelling

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 108 (1,042 Views)

Floating Apples

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had an apple tree. My Sim *cough* didn't take care of it. The plant died while there were still apples on it. Now there are apples floating in my yard, and I can't select them. I can hover over the apple and a window pops up saying "apple" but they are unselectable. Here are some images: 

http://imgur.com/F4S5s0t

http://imgur.com/KSXeUlQ 

It doesn't affect game play in anyway, just looks a little silly.  EDIT: Forgot to add that restarting the game did not fix this issue. I have not tried moving my family out/back in again, or moving them to a different lot. 

I have never had mods, I don't have any downloaded content (I just bought the game yesterday.), I'm on Windows 7, and I have the downloaded version of the game. 

Thank you! 

Message 51 of 108 (1,008 Views)

Re: Floating Apples

Hero

Did you go traveling with your Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 108 (1,003 Views)

The case of the floating fruit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've moved a row of ripened apple trees into household inventory and then rebuilt a lot. The problem is the apples have remained floating mid air and cannot be deleted or interacted with in any way. I've tried bulldozing the lot and replacing the saved house. I've tried traveling, evicting my sims and moving them back in. The apples are still there. They also appear to be just outside the boundaries of the lot. This seems to have corrupted not only the lot but the neighborhood as well. Bulldozing the lot, exiting and then re entering the lot to start a new build also does not remove the floating apples.

Removed mods to check if that was causing it, and restarted, the floating apples remained without mods. Seems like a glitch. (Edit: this is the Daisy Hovel lot btw.)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah137/omk358/floatingapples_zps8fb98cd4.jpg

(Edit: still can't delete the apples. I have tried bulldozing the lot from the info panel and also by moving a sim in and selecting bulldoze lot, neither ot those deletes the apples.) Had I known the apples would be permanent I don't think I would have planted them lol. Behold my new orchard community lot I guess since it's the whole back end of the lot. Kind of hard to overlook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7CVxThVT1s&feature=youtu.be

Message 53 of 108 (1,011 Views)

Re: Floating Apples

★★★ Apprentice

ive got that too

Message 54 of 108 (994 Views)

Re: The case of the floating fruit

Hero

@hellsace555 @omk358 Did either of you try an action that invovles loading screen to see if they go away when you come back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 108 (989 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, many times the apples and pomegranates are still there. In my case they have been pushed beyond the lot boundary into the world and cannot be deleted. Testingcheats only gives the option to debug, they don't go away.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah137/omk358/outsidelotboundary_zpse5a12e98.jpg

Message 56 of 108 (983 Views)

Hero

Added then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 108 (957 Views)

★★ Novice

For the record, I'm experiencing this issue in the Streamlet Single (? The one across from the Daisy Hovel). I haven't tried bulldozing or anything, I have traveled several times, and yet they persist. I built over them, and like the other user said, they seemed to have been pushed into the unaccessible area between lots. 

Message 58 of 108 (952 Views)

Socialization bar does not disappear after person leaves

★★★ Newbie

I've got one on my friends whose socialization/conversation bar is stuck at the top of the screen. I've tried to talk to other people but that does not make it go away. Resetting the game worked but it happened again the next time I chatted with that person.

Message 59 of 108 (930 Views)