[COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

Hero

If you have any Sims resetting, please use this thread. Before posting, it's very important that you remove your mods as resetting is a problem that is very often caused by an incompatible mod. 

Resetting means that they abruptly stopping the interaction they are doing and often T-Pose before continuing.

Make sure to include the following information

1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ?
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ?
  4. Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt)

Refer to this thread for older issues although I'm unsure which of those are actually still a problem: [ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting. Please repost in here if you are still experience the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 33 (3,581 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

Hero

Compiled List

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (3,528 Views)

★ Novice
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? Cooking a meal. After meal was completed, sim picked up food, reset, and will not/cannot eat. My other sim resets when interacting with pets. 
  2. On which lot did the issue occur ? Home lot. This has been happening the last few days. Saw one post saying it could be the lot my sims live on. Moved, and the issue still occurs. 

Message 3 of 33 (3,513 Views)

Hero

Do you have any cc/mods in your game ?

Could you try if it happens for another Sim in a different household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (3,508 Views)

★ Novice

I don't play with mods and I removed all CC and it still happens. Haven't tried a new family, but I will now! 

Message 5 of 33 (3,501 Views)

Hero

Hi @Eelyab

there seems to be a cc issue with sofas that are causing issues.

Did you get a chance to try a new family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (3,449 Views)

Hero

Tagging  @Eelyab for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (3,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

What was your sim doing?

Bathing his toddler in the triangular bath (Forgot the name) when both reset.

Which lot?

Crick Cabana(?)

Edit: Attached LastException.txt

Message 8 of 33 (3,380 Views)

Hero

Do you have any exception files you could attach ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (3,376 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Added in an edit to that post, but here's another reset.

What was the sim doing?

Picking up dishes in a restaurant to be taken for cleaning/despawning. (This was a waiter NPC) It also caused a lot of dirty piles of dishes to be left on tables all over the restaurant.

Which lot?

Forgot the name, but it was a Maxis premade, the fancy one with the experimental food.

Message 10 of 33 (3,371 Views)