Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @ZleepingZombie I'm having trouble reproducing this issue, even with your save. Are you able to get the exception consistently? Can you walk me through exactly what interactions you're doing with which Sims? Thanks for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 33 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

What was your Sim doing when he reset? drinking, washing dishes, talking to another Sim, etc. it's happening more often after the Feb. 6 patch.

Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? so, what were day doing ? sometimes the one(s) near them will, at the same time, or right after.

On which lot did the issue occur ? home lots and venues. for example, all of the ones sitting at the bar will reset together. their drinks will go from their hands to the top of the bar.

Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt): none present.

Message 22 of 33 (817 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ?

Petting the cat, interacting with the cat, taking the trash out, washing dishes, when the cat jumps off the table it just disappears and reappears on the floor, when i click the 'pick up' option with the cat, and etc. 

1. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?

Only the female sim and the cat are resetting, the other character is fine

1. On which lot did the issue occur ?

I was on the pets expansion world on the docks, the cat  somehow jumped off the table near the food/pet food stand and disappeared only to reappear by the construction part 

1. Please attach this file to your post: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastexception(.txt)

When they start resetting, the game eventually crashes, I've had three crashes in 3 hours.

Message 23 of 33 (765 Views)

Hero
@MENCA-BLUE Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, did you try removing that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 33 (756 Views)

★★★ Novice

1.  Any time a Sim has reset in my game it is while gathering dishes to either put in the dish washer or wash in the sink.

2.  Only the Sim who is cleaning up the dishes resets

3.  This occurs on all lots

Message 25 of 33 (727 Views)

Hero

@celticthunder21

do you have any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 33 (715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ?
    Interacting with family members. Whenever I want them to interact, they do the weird arm movements when we reset the sims and reset by themselves. Only autonomous interactions works with household members. They won't interact with other sims except for "call over" or "order drink/food etc". But they can interact with objects. 
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?
    Yes. They were only interacting.
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ?
    Home lot, and others. I use a lot of mods/cc but it NEVER happened before. I tried uninstalling the game, removing MCCC, removing my CC, but it doesn't change anything. I tried deleting my savefiles, the household, creating new households, the bug continues. 

I have a lot of last exception files, generated by MCCC (which is why I deleted the mod). I added the most recent one ! https://we.tl/8w2AxoPMFV
    Thanks in advance ! 
Message 27 of 33 (641 Views)

Hero
Hi @magicawn

your link doesn't seem to work. Can you please just attach your last exception files to your post.

Please also try a new save with no added mod/cc to make sure it doesn't happen there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 33 (606 Views)

I was trying to have a female sim in my household finish writing a screenplay. Get to the computer, command goes away.

Message 29 of 33 (596 Views)

For the record, I have the Xbox one version. Even if I wanted mods, I cannot mod a console variant of game. So not modded in any way. DLCs do not count as mods as I've paid for the DLC packs.

Message 30 of 33 (593 Views)