Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Russian Text Errors

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[COLLECTION THREAD] Russian Text Errors

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I hope I won't be the only one posting here.

First, there are new errors that appeared after the latest patch. They really confuse and make gameplay difficult. It's not even a mistake, somebody just thought that using the same text for different actions is fine. Well, it's not. First example:

Untitled.png

You may not know russian, but you can clearly see the same text for two actions. First actually makes a sim to put a meal into inventory, second makes a sim to "Grab a plate" and eat. I don't care what text can be used there - just make it different.

Second example:

Untitled-2.png

It is a vampiric drink called the "Draught of Reconfiguration". You can see again that two texts are the same again. The first just makes a vampire sim to drink this potion with no effects. The second option makes the potion actually work. Again, make the text different!

The third example is not a mistake, but just bad trans and inappropriate word used. I don't know if text in English is normal. Here:

Untitled-3.png

Can't make a better picture, but actually the two bottom sims has common mother and different fathers. While the text claims it's "Сводная сестра". That actually means these sims have NOTHING in common and is a huge mistake. "Сводный" is a word used to describe brothers/sisters which are not related in any way, just their parents decided to live together/make a family. If people have a common mother, the right word is "Единоутробный", i.e. "Единоутробный брат" or "Единоутробная сестра". If people have a common father,  the right word is "Единокровный", i.e. "Единокровный брат" or "Единокровная сестра". I don't know if the word "Сводный" is used as it should in the game, because I don't have such families, but I know for sure it is used where it just can't be.

EDIT: Ok, I've created the situation I'd described before - when the usage of a word "Сводный" is appropriate. Here: Untitled0.png

As you can see, children has DIFFERENT both father and mother, they are not related by anything but by the fact their parents are a couple now. The game uses the same word "Сводный" and this time (and ONLY this time) is doing this right. Maybe English has only one word for all this situations, I'm not sure, my English is far from fluent. But there are 3 words in Russian and one just can't use them interchangeably.

Message 1 of 9 (1,931 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

New Russian thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Tehnicheskie-voprosy/Sbor-Informatsii-Oshibki-lokalizatsii/m-p/6388166

Please re-report there if something is not fixed.

Locking this thread

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,735 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD/COLLECTION THREAD] Russian Text Errors

★★★★★ Guide

Another error that is the opposite of first two. This time somebody used two much fantasy where the SAME text should have been used. Here are all levels of a vampiric sleeping perk:

Untitsgddsled.png

Please, pay attention to the names of each level. Now, here is an actual action that a vampire with this perk can do in the coffin:

Untitled.png

Totally different names! And which is which is impossible to understand. The action names must be the same as they described in perk itself.

Message 2 of 9 (1,857 Views)

Hero

Thank you.

I've added this thread.

Be aware that corrected translations are never in the patch notes. Would be great if you could update if something gets fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,848 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I can confirm one of them is not a translation issue but a tuning issue affecting all languages. the "double drink interaction."

The other one, I will take a look with our Russian Tester.

If there has been updates to these, please check and let me know - As Crinrict said: We don't say in the patch notes when we fix or tweak text because of the high volume of text we manage, so it would make patch notes forever long.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ok, understood about  "double drink interaction", it's good when one can compare different translations. 

I'll check all of these when the new patch arrives.

Message 5 of 9 (1,831 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Nothing changed after the latest patch.

Message 6 of 9 (1,816 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

After the latest patch, the first two errors are gone.

Two others left.

Message 7 of 9 (1,754 Views)

Hero

Thank you for checking

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,746 Views)

Hero

New Russian thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Tehnicheskie-voprosy/Sbor-Informatsii-Oshibki-lokalizatsii/m-p/6388166

Please re-report there if something is not fixed.

Locking this thread

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,736 Views)