by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

Hero
That should do. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 62 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Guide

The lot is uploaded, but no one has downloaded it yet.  Why did you need that upload?  "The Bradford Homestead 2" uploaded on 2-26-18 is the latest save for the bathroom that is locking people in it after loading a game.

Message 32 of 62 (1,293 Views)

Hero
I want to test it but give me a few days to do that. Currently bit tied up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 62 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

here is a link to a video that shows exactly what is going on..and the only temp fix I found.  I have to do this again each time I load the lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyavdiMibtU&feature=youtu.be

Message 34 of 62 (1,275 Views)

Hero
You could use the teleport cheat for the time being. That's quicker.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 62 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Guide

that would not prevent another sim or the pets from getting stuck during game play.  That bathroom is kind of like the roach motel...."they check in, but they don't check out" LOL  Unless the wall is rebuilt on each load.  Once the wall is rebuilt...no pet or sims gets stuck in that room during the game play.

Message 36 of 62 (1,266 Views)

Hero
Seal the room for now Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 62 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Object involved
Age Group involved
Interaction involved
Video/Picture of your setup

I am running into route failure when attempting to "lecture cat about jumping on counters" on multiple lots.  Happens about 99% of the time.  The lot in the pic is the Springscape lot in Oasis Springs but I've also encountered route failure on the Crick Cabana lot in WC; Domus Familiarus in BB and the 1010 Alto apt. in San Myshuno, all Maxis made lots.  Age group of sim attempting to lecture doesn't seem to be a factor.  The sim in the pic is YA.

Only other observation I can make is that a cat seems to jump on the counters whenever my active sim sits down to eat, thus necessitating me to cancel the action to have he/she attempt to lecture.  I don't know if starting from a sitting position influences the route failure.  The sim in the pic was at the table when I saw the cat jump onto the bathroom counter.  I kept moving the sim when the route failure bubble first appeared and was able to get her all the way into the bathroom in front of the cat but even standing directly in front of the cat she got the route failure bubble.  On the Springscape lot I end up with route failure in both bathrooms and the kitchen.  The first cat died of old age without ever being trained not to jump on counters and I think this second cat will too, lol.

ETA: @crinrict , tagging only to be sure you saw this post.  It appears to have gone up while you were in the midst of a conversation with another simmer and I felt there was a possibility it could have been missed.  Just want to be sure you don't have any questions or input to make.  If you did see it, apologies for the tag.

Message 38 of 62 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Guide

will the devs be looking at this?

Message 39 of 62 (1,251 Views)

Hero
can't answer for them but it's been forwarded

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 62 (1,249 Views)