by crinrict

Original Post

Friendly introduction on stray cats when on picnic tables cancels out

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you see a stray cat on the sitting on top of a picnic table try to introduce yourself to it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Interaction cancels out and sim throws up hands. You see picnic table in his thoughts and it's crossed out or something
What do you expect to see? This fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This isn't a gamebreaking bug but it's just aggrevating. I saw a stray cat on the picnic table at Oasis Springs Park. I send my sim over to do a friendly interaction and he throws his hands up and you see a cancelled picnic table in his thoughts. Just a minor bug I'd like to see fixed. This may be a routing failure issue.

Message 11 of 62 (1,580 Views)

Re: Toilet/Shower Trouble

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ItsMeBNorr

merged your post with routing collection thread.

So you tried this in multiple houses and still get the same ?

@catloverplayer merged with routing failures for now. I'll see if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 62 (1,562 Views)

★★ Expert

i've seen it happening with the beds again.

Message 13 of 62 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

My apologies.

Yes! It's happened in multiple houses/worlds/saves/Sims. I've reconfigured the houses as well to see if that was an issue. The problem doesn't happen all the time, so sometimes I don't even catch it. I'd say it is an issue about 10-15% of the time. It's not game-changing, but sometimes I'll realize it's happened too late and they're off to work without bathing.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 62 (1,522 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict had the same two times again, both in Windenburg with different dogs, during "jog with" and shortest walk. Videos are big, I'll crop them and will add as soon as possible.

Message 15 of 62 (1,488 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for all your reports

I'll do some compiling on the next round.

EDIT: Tired and grumpy right now. Needs to wait till tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 62 (1,486 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @ItsMeBNorr

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

It would be also cool if we can have a video of the bug. That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 17 of 62 (1,403 Views)

ordering a drink has a Sim follow a leaving mixologist to venue entrance

★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? order drink right when the mixologist is leaving.
What happens when the bug occurs? the active Sim follows the mixologist to the door.
What do you expect to see? "order drink" action cancelling without the Sim following the mixologist.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

okay, i know i said i wouldn't add any more "random" occurrences that are not going to be thought of as bugs... but this is just strange. there's a chance it won't be seen that often, but because you never know just when the mixologist is going to leave. i don't know how to accurately give a title to this, but anyway: quite often i will have a Sim order a drink. it used to be so that, if the mixologist's "shift" was ending, the action would be automatically cancelled out.

however, i have been seeing the Sim that orders the drink follow the mixologist all the way to the entrance of the venue. of course, the mixologist disappears, because she/he is about to be replaced by a new one. the action does cancel out, but this whole thing doesn't make sense. i want to say it happens every time but it's very difficult to catch the mixologist in the act of leaving--has to be right before, not after she/he is walking away from the bar. anyone else see this? anyway... feel free to disregard/move to feedback/etc. thanks and have a nice day, all.

Message 18 of 62 (1,318 Views)

Re: ordering a drink has a Sim follow a leaving mixologist to venue entrance

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'd say it's not just a mixologist randomly leaving timing thing.

Since the Parenthood patch in May, I noticed that pathing is messed up, in that it calculates the entire path and forces sims to walk to either the beginning or end of the path even if they cancel out of the actions.

For example, I had a sim walking to the toilet, and another sim also needed to use the same toilet. She stopped outside the door and was shocked and embarrassed having "walked in" on her housemate on the toilet, but he was still in transit walking to the bathroom and hadn't even reached the toilet yet.

Same when I go to restaurants. Sometimes the host will walk with your sim all the way to their table, then they will both walk all the way back to the podium before they say "here's your seat" because they started the interaction at the podium and the game forced them to go back there to complete it.

Or have a sim walk from one side of the lot to another, have another sim start a conversation with them. They won't start chatting at the end of the first sim's path, they will both walk back to whatever spot he was in when you queued up the interaction.

None of this happened pre-May patch.

Message 19 of 62 (1,305 Views)

Re: ordering a drink has a Sim follow a leaving mixologist to venue entrance

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

thanks! i'd forgotten about the going all the way to chat/hug/whatever to wherever the selected Sim was at the moment of queuing up the interaction, even if they have already left that spot.
and sometimes the active Sim keeps talking to the second one, who has already walked away.

Message 20 of 62 (1,405 Views)