Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

by Nuke615

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I removed the mod folder completely...loaded the lot, and the sims still get stuck in the pictured bathroom.  They can enter, but not exit.  The cowplant also shows the visual bug whenever the lot is loaded.  Both problems continue everytime the lot is loaded from travel or a saved game.  This still persists even after the last two updates.

Message 51 of 62 (1,093 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @Nuke615

We were able to reproduce both issues and we are currently investigating Standard smile

Message 52 of 62 (1,082 Views)

Re: Working ground mural together sometimes cause the sim raise a hand

Hero
Moved to routing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 62 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Guide

Great news.  Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Message 54 of 62 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I know you guys are working hard.  I just want to say I look forward to the patch to fix this glitch.  I have to rebuild that wall each time I come back from traveling, or anytime the lot loads.  If I don't rebuild that bathroom wall, all my Sims (even pets) get stuck in it.  As I said they can enter, but not exit unless the wall is rebuilt. The structures (house and garage) in that video, are as close of a copy that this game allows of my childhood home: it has meaning to me!  Just saying.

Message 55 of 62 (978 Views)

Hero
Did you try if rebuilding the apartment a bit differently gets rid of the issue ? I know you want it this way but it doesn't look like a lot of people are having the same issue as you so it might be a while until it gets fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 62 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It didn't happen until the last patch.  The layout worked before....and that cow plant still has that visual glitch too. This comment discourages me, as it sounds to me like you are saying this won't be fixed anytime soon.

I have to keep doing this temp fix every time that lot loads (even when traveling in game and back), and it is annoying.  I have put many hours (and money) into making this particular lot as close to the real deal as possible, and like I said...it used to work.  Changing that one room changes the entire floor plan for the house.  The limitation of needing 2 grid squares to shrink or expand a wall or staircase, simply limits my options on how to fix this.  I also shouldn't have to fix it by rebuilding the structure, it worked before the last patch. Frown

Message 57 of 62 (956 Views)

Hero
At the end of the day, I don't know what the team decides to fix and what not but there's so many issues and usually the ones affecting a lot of people get priority over stuff only a few experience.

Maybe this is an easy fix and they decide to do it quickly or it could be that's it's a long while until it's fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 62 (949 Views)

★★★ Guide

thanks

Message 59 of 62 (926 Views)

★★★ Guide

Figured out what the problem is.  I has to do with "The Leash Wrangler" wall item pictured.  I had the item reduced 2 notches to fit in that space, but as you can see the item actually impedes the pathway through the door at is normal size. Changing the items size does not reduce that items footprint apparently. By moving that one little item (The Leash Wrangler), the issue was "temp quick fix" solved: I did not have to rebuild the wall.  I feel so stupid now! LOL  Funny thing is though...once the shelf is moved and placed back at the reduced size, the sims are allowed exit and entry until the lot loads again.

The Cow plant, however, still gets that flower pot visual bug each time the lot loads.  Using the bb.moveobjects command and moving the plant out of the box and placing it on ground, fixes the visual bug and it can be put back into its planter box looking normal.

Message 60 of 62 (860 Views)