Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

by unseenlarks

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please report all of the following kinds issues with routing in here

• Failure to route somewhere (Sims waving and bubble with can't get there icon) when there's nothing in the way
  • Sims taking strange ways to get somewhere

Include the following info

• Object involved
  • Age Group involved
  • Interaction involved
  • Video/Picture of your setup

Refer to this thread for older issues although I'm unsure which of those are actually still a problem: [ARCHIVED] Routing Issues. Please repost in here if you are still experience the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 62 (4,007 Views)

Compiled List

[ Edited ]
Hero

Compiled List

• Sims fail to sit down on sofas, loveseats, or any longer outdoor furniture placed around a campfire. 
  • Sims take photo of through walls and walk around to take them
  • Sims can't go home from walk while dog is leashed.
  • Routing failure on going in the bathroom
  • Friendly introductions on cats on picknick table cancels out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 62 (3,974 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i'm sorry to be vague but just so i don't forget tomorrow. the Sims don't get the "can't get there" bubble, but it's still strange to me.

• Object involved: cameras.
  • Age Group involved: young adults.
  • Interaction involved: "take photo of".
  • Video/Picture of your setup: not yet.

i have now tested without mods and on a new save. this was my post (TS4 forums) on the subject:

"since the November patch added the Photography skill for all players, i bought a camera and tried it out. so far, when "take photo of" is chosen, i've seen Sims walk around in circles, both the photographer and the one posing, before actually taking the photo. sometimes it does work as intended.

also, Sims go outside to snap a photo of another who is already a few steps away, inside the house. the photographer walks all the way to stand facing the one posing, only that the house's wall separates them. much like when they talked to each other through walls?

related to that is when Sims go photograph others who are in a different room. they never actually walk into the room, so the preview shows a wall/door.

i could reproduce all of the above, with different cameras. i only own the base game and the Fitness SP, so i can't be sure--was any of this reported before? my apologies if this is a redundant thread. thank you for reading."

(edit: if already in a room together, the photographer will sometimes walk out on the other Sim and stand outside the door, then the camera controls appear.)

(edit 2: i tried it again, on a different lot, and the "arm waving, can't get there" bubble showed up.)

Message 3 of 62 (3,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have a problem with routing my sim back home from taking dog for a walk (including all types of walk) if the "take for a walk" interaction was cancelled and dog is still on leash.

So basically steps are:

- Take a dog for a walk and go out of the active slot

- cancel "take a dog for a walk" action

- click "Go home" (works the same for both clicking for 'home' icon on the sims icon and selecting menu by clicking on the sim directly)

Result: Sim stays, icon "i cannot go there" appears at around 50% of cases, in other 50% sims just stays without any reaction.

Only after performing unleash action sim is taking its route back home.

• Object involved: the sim, its dog
  • Age Group involved: sim (adult), dog (adult)
  • Interaction involved: taking dog for a walk
  • Video/Picture of your setup: will add soon

No custom mods were added.

Message 4 of 62 (3,897 Views)

Hero

Haven't had a chance to test these

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 62 (3,886 Views)

Hero

@unseenlarks wrote:

i'm sorry to be vague but just so i don't forget tomorrow. the Sims don't get the "can't get there" bubble, but it's still strange to me.

• Object involved: cameras.
  • Age Group involved: young adults.
  • Interaction involved: "take photo of".
  • Video/Picture of your setup: not yet.

i have now tested without mods and on a new save. this was my post (TS4 forums) on the subject:

"since the November patch added the Photography skill for all players, i bought a camera and tried it out. so far, when "take photo of" is chosen, i've seen Sims walk around in circles, both the photographer and the one posing, before actually taking the photo. sometimes it does work as intended.

also, Sims go outside to snap a photo of another who is already a few steps away, inside the house. the photographer walks all the way to stand facing the one posing, only that the house's wall separates them. much like when they talked to each other through walls?

related to that is when Sims go photograph others who are in a different room. they never actually walk into the room, so the preview shows a wall/door.

i could reproduce all of the above, with different cameras. i only own the base game and the Fitness SP, so i can't be sure--was any of this reported before? my apologies if this is a redundant thread. thank you for reading."

(edit: if already in a room together, the photographer will sometimes walk out on the other Sim and stand outside the door, then the camera controls appear.)

(edit 2: i tried it again, on a different lot, and the "arm waving, can't get there" bubble showed up.)

I've been doing some testing and I can't replicate this issue. Are there any tight spaces involved in your case ? I did get a can't get there bubble but I think the way the person that was being photographed was atm, that might have been legit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 62 (3,848 Views)

Hero

@Helga_Victim wrote:

I have a problem with routing my sim back home from taking dog for a walk (including all types of walk) if the "take for a walk" interaction was cancelled and dog is still on leash.

So basically steps are:

- Take a dog for a walk and go out of the active slot

- cancel "take a dog for a walk" action

- click "Go home" (works the same for both clicking for 'home' icon on the sims icon and selecting menu by clicking on the sim directly)

Result: Sim stays, icon "i cannot go there" appears at around 50% of cases, in other 50% sims just stays without any reaction.

Only after performing unleash action sim is taking its route back home.

• Object involved: the sim, its dog
  • Age Group involved: sim (adult), dog (adult)
  • Interaction involved: taking dog for a walk
  • Video/Picture of your setup: will add soon

No custom mods were added.

On which neighborhood/lot are you living. While it was sometimes a bit buggy, it worked in most of the cases I tried.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 62 (3,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

crinrict wrote:

I've been doing some testing and I can't replicate this issue. Are there any tight spaces involved in your case ? I did get a can't get there bubble but I think the way the person that was being photographed was atm, that might have been legit

thanks for the reply. i tried again, and in both situations there is enough room. in scenario 1, the Sim has enough room to go all the way outside, which is really weird. in 2, they are standing side by side, there is a sofa nearby, but they can navigate around it normally. there is nothing else in the way. will test another save and yet another household.

Message 8 of 62 (3,828 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This was reproducing for me in Windenburg, I've marked where my sim lives. I have not had a chance to try again yet but I'll try asap.

Message 9 of 62 (3,810 Views)

Toilet/Shower Trouble

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living Spa Day Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply have your Sim use the toilet or shower.
What happens when the bug occurs? When directing a Sim to use the toilet and/or shower, I sometimes get an animation of the Sim waving their hand over their head with a question mark. After directing them to do it again or sometimes a second time, they will eventually use the object as normal.
What do you expect to see? The Sim uses the items regularly, without haste.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

At first, I had thought the bug was occurring because the bathroom was small in size and perhaps something was blocking one of the items. I had removed everything but the toilet and still got the same issue occasionally. I've even gotten it on the pre-built homes. It doesn't happen all the time and I haven't captured it - but I certainly can if need be. I hadn't recognized this happening in the past so I'm not sure if it's a newer issue(?) and couldn't find any thread that was exactly like this.

As of the installation on this computer, I have not used any mods or CC as well.

Message 10 of 62 (3,778 Views)