Re: [OPEN] Shadow Movement Bug

by Vulnnn

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Vulnnn It looks to me like you were using one of the glass dance floors as a skylight in your images; is that correct?  If so, I can confirm that the sim does not cast a shadow within it in my game either.  However, an object will, when placed within a specific corner (but in no other location).  As in your first image, the sim will generate a shadow when standing *outside* and to the corner of the lighted area.  I think we probably need to tag @SimQARobo about this one, because I am not sure whether it's a bug or not.  On the one hand, the glass dance floors may not be coded in the same way as regular windows and thus may not take all shadows into account.  On the other hand, it's very strange that a shadow from a sim or object will appear but only in a very specific location.  Here are a couple of screen shots I took of the issue with an object:

10-23-17_1-52-08 PM.png

Object moved just a tiny bit up & to the right:

10-23-17_1-52-11 PM.png

Message 241 of 260 (1,952 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BryonyRae

We'll take a look.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 242 of 260 (1,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Windows shadows work most of the time, Its just the lighting dont make sense for sims and furniture because the chair in this image is fully lit up by the sun and the sim is dark as if theres 0 light coming from the window?

10-23-17_9-02-52 PM.png

Message 243 of 260 (1,926 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Vulnnn

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 244 of 260 (1,900 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Problems with Lighting in TS4

★★ Novice

I have a problem on my laptop all of a sudden where walls inside have outdoor lighting. It doesn't matter if i have floors above or roofs, it's the same. I also just updated the game and it's still an issue...

Message 245 of 260 (1,852 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lloopers Yes, we've got that reported as # 14 on our index and is a known issue:

14. New after the 6/2/16 patch - Laptop mode lighting post the 6/2/16 patch looks as if rooms are missing their ceilings.

Message 246 of 260 (1,845 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this:

11-10-17_1-12-57 AM.png

this happens with both game and CC objects since the nov. 7 patch. here are two more:

11-10-17_1-14-02 AM.png

11-12-17_7-54-00 PM.png

Message 247 of 260 (1,782 Views)

★★ Novice

The detailed natural lights are bugging. 

The shadows of the windows and doors are outside of the building, not inside as they should be.

05-28-18_5-49-09 PM.png

I tried to delete all of my custom content and mods, but it didn't solved the problem. Then I deleted the game and all the files I had, then downloaded it again, but it's still the same. It occured probably a month ago or so, I can't remember properly. 

Do you maybe have an idea what can cause this? 

Message 248 of 260 (1,584 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Myna21 we have that reported here.

To everyone regarding this collection thread:

Since the forum changes, I have gone through and reviewed all of the issues reported in this thread, and for those that still exist, created new, individual postings for them using the new forum format (which lets you specify your addons, mods, etc.).  Please see the compilation post here.  If you find a new glitch that is not on that list, please create a new thread for it rather than posting on this one, so that EA can better track it, and I will add it to the compilation list if I am able to duplicate it.  Thank you!

Message 249 of 260 (1,569 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you very much! I was able to solve it based on what you wrote there!
Message 250 of 260 (1,525 Views)