Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Party Goals not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem here on vanilla Sims 4 with no expansions, custom content or mods. I've been trying to get a gold dinner party for almost 2 hours now, but I can't complete either of the following goals:

• 3 sims eating at the same time;
  • 3 sims having drinks at the same time;
  • 3 sims dancing at the same time;
  • 3 sims listening to the stereo at the same time.

I tried getting the guests to do the required activities using group commands and individual interactions as well, but no success. The game doesn't seem to register anything, the counters of the corresponding goals just keep showing 0/3 regardless of the sims' actions.

I really hope this issue gets sorted out soon, because it makes the otherwise fun prestige social events broken and annoying. Thanks in advance for the devs' efforts and great day to everybody!

Message 51 of 72 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue. I only noticed it because the command center had a ton of last exception errors.

1. Party Type - Birthday
  2. Goal you're supposed to achieve - Have 3 Sims listen to music together/play together, 
  3. Interaction you're doing - having controllable sims listen to music. nothing happens.
Message 52 of 72 (1,815 Views)

Hero

The event goals doing stuff together might also be fixed.

Taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 72 (1,726 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just updated to the patch released today and tested it in my game and the "have group do activity at same time" issue seems to be fixed for me - For a house party I was able to complete have three sims dancing together, have three sims become playful at the same time. Also able to complete for a date: have both sims drink at the same time.

Message 54 of 72 (1,698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still broken for me as of today. Vanilla game. My sim was hosting a birthday party and the listen to music at same time task could not be completed.

Message 55 of 72 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This was fixed for me as of I think the December patch, but as of today's patch 1.40.61.1020  it's broken again. 

Do "X" together party goals don't fulfill, and with MCCC installed, lots of Last Exception messages are displayed.

I tried this with a House Party. I have all packs (EPs, Game and Stuff packs) except for Spooky and Luxury Party stuff packs. 

I don't know how to read LE text but as far as I can tell it's complaining about "Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)"

I removed all mods/cc including MCCC, still same problem. 

Message 56 of 72 (1,271 Views)

Hero
@Pegasyms as it was a pretty big issue last time, I think it would warrant for it's own thread this time.

Could you please create a new one ? Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 72 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly the same for me - house party - 3 Sims listening to stereo at the same time, nothing registered and I ended up having about 8 sims listening to the stereo at the same time!

Message 58 of 72 (1,244 Views)

Hero
Could you make a separate thread, thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 72 (1,239 Views)

★★ Novice
6 pages of complaints and a new year later... does this ever get fixed????
Message 60 of 72 (1,215 Views)