Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Party Goals not fulfilling

by missgehenna

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue as everyone else since the expansion/patches. Any party goal that requires multiple sims doing an action (dance, play, listen) will just not complete. I've even tried forming a group, and it makes no difference whatsoever.

Any ideas of how long we can expect to wait until this is sorted? I'm getting frustrated at missing gold's because of this bug, and it also makes the Party Animal aspiration impossible to complete. Frown

Message 11 of 72 (5,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Im having the same problem. Mostly with the stereo (listen together, dance together). I havent had a lot of parties since i started playing again, so i havent really seen the others. I did have a problem with "watch kids channel together" though, but that was during a custom event, so didnt think much of it at the time. Could be linked though. 

1. Party Type: So far its every party with a "together" goal linked to the stereo
  2. Goal you're supposed to achieve: Do it together
  3. Interaction you're doing: Im doing what it says. Ive tried with all household members (they where either guests or hosts), tryed doing it as group too, but it doesnt register.

Ive tried old saves, new saves, with mods, without mods and ive repaired the game. I get the following last exeption error when i try:

Spoiler
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1f8fc5c8c806eab85a0b0ee7</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-11-14 17:01:03</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.36.102.1020-1.200.000.311.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:101</categoryid><desyncid>1f8fc5c8c806eab85a0b0ee7</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: 'MultipleSimInteractionOfInterest' object has no attribute 'expected_kwargs')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 203, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 434, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 4003, in do_transition_single&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3959, in _create_transition_interaction&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3852, in run_super_interaction&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3637, in run_direct_gen&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 598, in run_interaction_gen&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4738, in perform_gen&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5586, in perform_gen&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6484, in _trigger_interaction_start_event&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 251, in process_event&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 360, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10;  File ".\mc_utils.py", line 112, in _wrapper_function&#13;&#10;  File ".\mc_injections.py", line 696, in inject_last_exception_log&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 358, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_goal.py", line 607, in handle_event&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_goal_multi_sim.py", line 133, in _run_goal_completion_tests&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 734, in __call__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 101, in __call__&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'MultipleSimInteractionOfInterest' object has no attribute 'expected_kwargs'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>

Edit: just on a quick note: Ive had a small break from the game, waiting for cats and dogs, but i started playing shortly before the patch came out, and im pretty sure the problem started after the patch or expansion. Not sure witch one though.

Message 12 of 72 (5,019 Views)

★★★★ Pro

1. Party Type:  Birthday Party

2: Goal: Have Sims listen to the stereo at the same time (always stayed at 0/3)

3. Interaction you are doing: I tried to have them listen together and then, because I had enough sims I could control at the party, I tried to direct them to listen individually. I was using a club gathering to get the 'together' option, but I also had the toddlers in the family at the party and they can't be part of a club, so I was just instructing them individually to listen.

My game is up to date with patches, I have all the packs and this happened after I installed Cats and Dogs, but that was also the first time I've held a party since installing the patch.  I have a recording of the party as it was part of a let's play I have on YouTube if you need to see what I did to try to get it to work.  I have no mods and cc in my game and play on Windows 10. I also clear my cache regularly and have repaired my game recently (after both patches and the installation of C&D). 

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 13 of 72 (5,005 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Party Type: House Party and Birthday Party. Haven't thrown any of the other kinds of parties since the latest EP came out.

Goal you're supposed to achieve: Have 3 Sims Dance Together, Have 3 Sims Play A Game Together, Have 3 Sims Listen To Music together. 

Interaction you're doing: I've tried having household sims do the actions both with and without the birthday sim, I've tried inviting guests to do them, I've tried forming groups. For games I've tried chess, cards, the Llama game, the foosball table, the horseshoe throwing game. For dancing/listening to music, I've tried different stereos, different channels, different volume settings. Nothing works.

Message 14 of 72 (4,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

During social events, none of the "at the same time" goals register - eating, dancing, drinking, etc. I've tried it with and without my sims in groups and the counter always stays at 0/3, doesn't even register my sim doing it. 

Tried with the MCCC mods and without. Repaired the game twice now.

I have the base game, Get to Work, and Get Together Xpacs. 

I didn't have this issue until the recent patch.

Message 15 of 72 (4,950 Views)

Hero

Thank you all for the reports. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 72 (4,946 Views)

★★★ Novice

1. Dinner party

2. Have three sims eat at once

3. Eating. Everyone was eating, 8 sims total

Also at the same party:

1. Dinner party

2. Have three sims listen to stereo at once

3. Multiple sims listening to the stereo, it never registered that even one was. Dancing also did not work.

Message 17 of 72 (4,924 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having these issues.  I've tried two house parties and a birthday party.  Any action that requires a set number of people to do it will not fulfill.  I have tried it by forming a group and with the people in my home as well.  I was playing prior to the patches and had no issues.  Post patches this bug has started, I believe it was the first patch that introduced it.  I have the base game, get to work, city living and get together as well as a couple of the stuff packs.  I don't have any mods and the game is a relatively fresh install, still in the first generation of the first family.  

Message 18 of 72 (4,899 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if I'm doing this right but No party will let me complete do together goals. I thought maybe after the update it would fix, but it didn't. Just adding myself to the list of people with the problem for the record. it's always been glitchy for me, but now everything from drinking to dancing won't register even my own sim doing it. 

Message 19 of 72 (4,895 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Party Type - House Party
  • Goal you're supposed to achieve - Have sims dance together 
  • Interaction you're doing - Any iteration of getting a sim to dance I can use
Message 20 of 72 (4,877 Views)