[ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @helenthehunter

Regarding toddlers having whims to tell jokes, this is by design.

EDIT: Is the toddler able to fulfill the whim?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 93 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'll test, didn't realise it was by design.

Are toddlers also supposed to get whims to ask children for food/drinks?

ETA Toddler with level 1 communication skill got joke whim but couldn't fulfill it. 

Message 42 of 93 (1,395 Views)

Wish "club gathering" can't be fulfilled

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any household with the expansion pack "Get Together" and wait for one sim to have the wish "start club gathering".
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims have the wish "start club gathering". When I start a gathering the wish isn't fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? The wish getting fulfilled and receiving the credits/points for it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please note that I can fulfill any other wish my sims have.

My language setting is German, so I hope I have translated everything correctly. Please let me know if this isn't the case.

Message 43 of 93 (1,372 Views)

Re: Wish "club gathering" can't be fulfilled

EA Staff

Hi @pinkemieze

Would you be willing to send us the save file where this issue is occuring?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 44 of 93 (1,358 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 45 of 93 (1,333 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks a million! :D

Happy Simming!

Message 46 of 93 (1,316 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems like my problem (can't fulfill "start club gathering") was only the beginning or the first thing I noticed. Now the following whims can't be fulfilled either:

- be part of a club gathering

- get married to ...

My sims also started to have whims I can't fulfill or that don't make any sense:

- buy stuff for pets (like toilett, bowl etc) although my household doesn't have any pets (they had a cat that died)

- marry ... (although they are already married to that person)

- they also want things that are related to their former aspiration event though the aspiration was already finished

- old females wanting to make a baby

Since all of these problems appeared only recently I have a feeling they are somehow connected to Cats & Dogs which I bought on the 21st of February.

Message 47 of 93 (1,190 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @pinkemieze

I have a few questions for you if you are willing to answer!

Do you have any CC or mods installed? Does this issue occur after removing all CC and/or mods and reparing the game?

Can you send us your save files?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 48 of 93 (1,175 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having issues with few whims not being fulfilled. 

My issue is the Get engaged to (Sim's name), Move in with (" "), Get married to (" ") and every now and the the flirt with (" " - while near a friend). I've repaired the game and set back to factory several times as well as delete the saved games because of this issue.

Message 49 of 93 (1,095 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi,
I've already posted the link to the save game (it's the very same: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C9u1IWuPSJFDDW1fTLz9zpY6sJxDEUBt).
I haven't changed anything since my last post, so no mods or CC (never used).
Message 50 of 93 (1,159 Views)