Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

by Kathykins

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
no it didn't :/
i am guessing my computer is having some issues, not sure! i will try again maybe later. Thank you!
Message 81 of 93 (1,051 Views)

Hero
Little tutorial here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M69066

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 93 (1,046 Views)

★★ Guide

My young adult female sim has a whim to hug her toddler child, the only option I have is "Hug Lovingly", but this didn't fulfill the whim.

Also tried cuddle

Message 83 of 93 (1,012 Views)

★★ Guide

@MarleyTheWizard wrote:

My young adult female sim has a whim to hug her toddler child, the only option I have is "Hug Lovingly", but this didn't fulfill the whim.

Also tried cuddle

[the above toddler has the wild trait]

Today a different toddler (clingy) had the whim to hug his adult mother, "hug lovingly" didn't fulfill this whim, but the regular hug option was there and worked.

ps.the get married to whim still doesn't work as it should  

Message 84 of 93 (990 Views)

Champion

@MarleyTheWizard wrote:

Also tried cuddle

I'm also seeing this. My parent sim has the whim to Hug their toddler, but Hug Lovingly does nothing. There is no regular hug option available in the social interactions (the toddler has Silly as their trait).

I tried Snuggle too, but that didn't do anything either.

Message 85 of 93 (961 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue with washing machine/dryer whims. My sims couple always want to own them tho they already have a hamper, a washing machine and T clothesline for drying them out and they have done the laundry several times already. I cancel it and it spawns again and again. No mods except for furniture. 

Message 86 of 93 (934 Views)

I’ve had sims in a household who used to have a dog or cat (but no longer do) still getting whims regarding dogs/cats (because the game thinks they still own one) long after the pet’s death.

Message 87 of 93 (907 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

The 'go jogging' whim does not fulfill when jogging to clear mind. From what I can tell picking the regular 'go jogging' option and 'energized jog' does fulfill it. 'Jog to clear mind,' however, does not seem to fulfill the whim.

Message 88 of 93 (904 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having similar issues with my “Grill [...] whims” and my “Get Married Whims”

Message 89 of 93 (852 Views)

★★★ Guide
Just adding a few I've noticed recently:

- "Licence a piano" song not fulfilling
- "Publish 3 books" not fulfilling
- "Compose Long Comedy Routine" not fulfilling

Also, a lot of my sims have the flirty whim to "Ask someone to go steady" when the sim is already going steady/engaged/married. Not sure this is a bug, but just seems odd to me.
Message 90 of 93 (822 Views)