Re: Odorless Vampire in 'TLC' trait home lot

by Primal_Entity

Original Post

Re: Private Dwelling Lot Trait Not Preventing Sims From Showing Up When Singing

Hero

Added that. Wonder if it's a legacy bug that came from the poor food quality bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (1,038 Views)

Teen Neighborhood trait doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

I set "Teen Neighborhood" trait on a nightclub in Forgotten Hollow but I see no teen visit this lot, there are only young adults.

Same thing with a bar in San Myshuno even if it's Sunday.

Message 12 of 37 (1,020 Views)

Re: Teen Neighborhood trait doesn't work

Hero

Hi @NoahLGP

merged your post with the lot trait collection thread.

I'll test this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (1,004 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Lot Traits

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

Private Dwelling lot, I can't order a pizza, the deliver never came.

The service is grey on the phone waiting for the delivery but it never happens.

Message 14 of 37 (991 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Lot Traits

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

"Good Schools" lot trait doesn't work, my 2 teens got F at the end of the day, one did his homework before to go to school and the other obtained a good result while an opportunity event.

Message 15 of 37 (959 Views)

Odorless Vampire in 'TLC' trait home lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vampires Stuff Packs: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Fitness Free Packs: Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be at: the 19 Culpepper House lot in the City Living expansion's world. This lot has the 'TLC' lot trait. Have: A single female vampire sim Vampire sim should be: grand master, have at least the odorless vampire power. Try to fix one of the lots multiple repair needs once they pop up. This bug does not happen all the time, but seems to happen most (for me) with the leaky pipes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire with the odorless trait goes to fix the TLC lot repair problem. Their hygiene bar depletes almost completely, and cannot be regained.
What do you expect to see? Their hygiene bar not go down at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Though my Vampire has the odorless trait, for whatever reason the TLC repairs at the lot she's currently living in causes her hygiene bar to almost completely deplete, and it cannot be raised. The only work-around that I've discovered is to 'reset' her skills with the mixology drink. This causes her hygiene bar to refill, but it's an expensive fix, 1,000 simoleons, especially when it can happen multiple times in a single day.

This doesn't seem to happen with all repairs, just the ones at the lot she's currently living. I haven't tried it at a different place. This bug isn't game-breaking but it is really, really annoying.

Message 16 of 37 (1,000 Views)

Hero

Could you test if it also happens if you have the trait at another lot (to see if it's trait based)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 37 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey Crinrict,
This is also auradove, I'm just using my partner's account.

I cannot, actually, as the TLC trait is a unique, lot-specific trait to one lot in San Myshuno. It cannot be added to another lot, or removed from the lot it's assigned to.

From what I can tell, it doesn't happen at all with regular upgrades or maintenance. Only the TLC lot problems seem to trigger it, such as the roach infestation, mice holes, the leaky pipes, and the electrical circuit breaker box fizzling out. Since these problems are isolated specifically to very particular items/situations unique to the lot, I can't replicate it anywhere else.

I'm guessing-- and I *really* stress guessing because I don't really know the code-- these objects/situations typically also have coding to deplete hygiene, which on normal Sims, even with certain traits, isn't a problem because showering or bathing can still cause their hygiene bar to move. But an Odorless Vampire seems to operate differently, completely eliminating gains and losses at all. Showering or bathing doesn't fix the issue, their hygiene bar refuses to move because they aren't supposed to be effected by it, but it was depleted none-the-less. It may just have been overlooked when they were doing QA to ensure the different game packs work nicely with each other.

I mean, the alternative is I'm experiencing an isolated bug unique to my situation. Which, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised with.

Message 18 of 37 (970 Views)

Hero

I guess you're right that it's an issue with vampires as per this report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-CL-Extreme-Hygiene-Decay-When-Failing-to-quot-Fix-quo... it is by design that the hygiene decays.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I figured that it was by design that hygiene decays. The issue comes from being a Vampire in this situation, then. Alright, well, all I can hope for is a future patch that addresses this particular issue, as vampires with the Odorless trait shouldn't be having their hygiene needs decay at all in the first place.

Thank you, Crin! Hopefully the QA team pops in for a say.

Message 20 of 37 (938 Views)