Re: The Sims 4 Bug: Convival Lot Trait

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Lot Traits

[ Edited ]
Hero

Collecting issues with Lot Traits in here

Compiled List

• Convivial Trait causes quick changing in moods on several lot types.
  • Private Dwelling lot doesn't prevent neighbors to come over for entertainment while Sim is singing
  • Chef's Kitchen and/or Homey trait does not affect the quality of food when added to restaurants.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (3,783 Views)

[TO TEST] Convival Lot Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been encountering a strange bug this week, and I don't know if it's tied to the Fitness patch or Parenthood, but it seems that using the convival lot trait can break a wide variety of sim behaviors. 

1. Using convival on a "gym" or "spa" lot breaks Yoga classes. The instructor will conduct the class, but the sims that are participating don't do anything . They don't follow the instructor, but instead they just stand there watching until the class ends. There's also always 1-2 sims with the speed bubbles (quickly changing icons in thought bubbles). Removing the convival trait fixes the issue. 

2. Using convival on a "lounge" lot creates an issue in which a sim with the convival: confidence buff will start a conversation and simply keep talking - no pause between speech phases, and no response from the other sim. The buff will continuously refresh (at the start of each convo/statement) and the corresponding whim will change also. I have recorded this happening for better analysis. Removing the convival trait resolves the issue. 

So, basically, convival seems broken. 

I'm on a updated client with a clean cache & empty tray, Windows 10, all expansions/GP/SPs installed, no mods, etc. 

I can't attach videos -- if they'd be helpful I'll upload them to youtube or can email them or something. :/

Message 1 of 37 (3,774 Views)

Hero

Hi @IslaRoses

moved this to the bug forum for now.

I'll do some testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (3,762 Views)

Champion

I have convivial on a home lot and it made my sims flip randomly between confident and happy emotion states.

They'd gain the confidence moodlet for convivial and then lose it again a few seconds later, get it again a few seconds later and then drop it again. It made it frustrating because I was trying to fulfil the confident whims and they kept switching whims every time they dropped out of confident state every few seconds.

Message 3 of 37 (3,739 Views)

Hero

Hi @simvasion and @IslaRoses

I've created a collection thread for lot traits and merged your thread into it

I can see the quick switching in the lounge type but the yoga classes have been ok for me. There was someone else reporting issues with yoga classes before though.

Are you using a custom building ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (3,697 Views)

Champion

@crinrict wrote:

Are you using a custom building ?

No, I was observing this behaviour while visiting The Old Salt House - the default residential lot in The Spice Market district of San Myshuno which has the Convivial trait on by default and no modifications.

While inside, my sim was constantly getting the convivial buff and flipping between confident and not confident emotional states.

Message 6 of 37 (3,681 Views)

Hero

Added to the first page and added thread to the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (3,643 Views)

Private Dwelling Lot Trait Not Preventing Sims From Showing Up When Singing

★★★ Guide

This is getting really annoying. None of my apartment-dwelling Sims can sing in the shower without a neighbor dropping by and asking them to entertain, even with the Private Dwelling lot trait! I never have my Sims sing in the shower late at night or early in the morning, they just think something cool is happening and want to come in. The lot trait seems to prevent other random drop-ins (unless they have a key of course), but not this type of drop-in for some reason. This issue persists even without mods and CC.

On the off chance that this is supposed to be happening, I would highly suggest considering patching this in the future. I want my Sims to be able to sing in peace!

Message 8 of 37 (3,612 Views)

Re: Private Dwelling Lot Trait Not Preventing Sims From Showing Up When Singing

Hero

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

merged your post with the lot trait bug thread and added to the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (3,588 Views)

Re: Private Dwelling Lot Trait Not Preventing Sims From Showing Up When Singing

★★★ Guide

Possible lot trait issue:

The Chef's Kitchen and/or Homey trait does not affect the quality of food when added to restaurants. The food and drink almost always comes out "normal" even with these traits added to the lot.

Message 10 of 37 (3,562 Views)