by crinrict

Original Post

Cooking on grill doesn't count toward Master Chef aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook a meal on an outdoor grill, while inspired, with the Master Chef aspiration active, with a Sim who has not yet completed step 1 of that aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim does not receive credit toward either cooking two meals while inspired or cooking five excellent meals.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should receive credit toward completing a food aspiration for cooking on a grill the same as they do for cooking on a stove, as both raise cooking skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been grilling more than usual recently and noticed this possible bug; not sure if it was always there or even considered a bug.

ETA: I have tried this on the standard outdoor grills found in parks and the forest in Outdoor Retreat, not on any other grills yet.

Message 21 of 50 (2,594 Views)

Feathers Count As Crystals for Curator Aspiration?

★ Pro

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All released content installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know how reproducible this is as this is only Curator sim I have in save. He collected 2 crystals and then 3 feathers from a pile his cat caught.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure if milestone to collect 5 crystals showed as completed as soon as feathers were extracted. I just noticed this had occurred in last play session. Pics attached to illustrate.
What do you expect to see? Requirement to collect 5 crystals shouldn't complete before 5 crystals are collected.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if there is simply a counting issue for collected crystals, or, if feathers were counted as collected crystals.  Something is off and appears to be feathers counted as crystals for the Curator aspiration in this save. 

The first screenshot shows completion of 5 crystals collected.  The second shows the sims inventory, which does contain all items he has collected so far.  As you can see, there are 2 crystals and 3 feathers.  The third screenshot shows the collection tab for crystals.  Two crystals collected is accurate so the game is recording correctly in that display. 

Message 22 of 50 (2,552 Views)

Cannot complete the video gaming requirement of level 1 of TechGuru aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? (All)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to accomplish the level 1 of the TechGuru aspiration requirement "Play video gaming for 5 hours".
What happens when the bug occurs? Although the sim's has played "gaming" for 3 (and more) hours, count doesn't move. I can achieve the level 1 of techguru aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the count to 5 and the task completed.

Hello, 

My sims cannot complete the level 1 of the TechGuru requirement about playing videogame during 5 hours because the count has been frozen at 2/5.

I change aspiration in the meantime, but when i come back to this aspiration, nothing has changed : i reach the level 10 of video gaming without completing this task.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Message 23 of 50 (2,493 Views)

Re: Cannot complete the video gaming requirement of level 1 of TechGuru aspirati

Hero

Hi @Pirathle

could you try moving the Sim out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 50 (2,465 Views)

Can't Move Past Third Tier of Bodybuilder Aspiration

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs GP: Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat SP: Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set Sim's aspiration to Fitness/Bodybuild and get to level 3
What happens when the bug occurs? The Fitness Bodybuilder Aspiration does not go past 4 hours for the "Spend 10 hours exercising" requirement the 3rd tier of the aspiration.
What do you expect to see? For the sims to complete the aspiration
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Message 25 of 50 (2,400 Views)

Re: Can't Move Past Third Tier of Bodybuilder Aspiration

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @a1ainag

merged your post with aspiration collection thread. I'll test if I can duplicate.

EDIT: I've tested this and have no issues going past 4 hours. Could you try changing aspiration and back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 50 (2,380 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Aspirations

★★★★ Novice
Affected Aspiration: Successful Lineage
Level: 1
Task: Read to child for 2 hours

The task status shows that I have progressed -148/2 hours.

I'm on PS4, no expansions/mods.
Message 27 of 50 (2,328 Views)

Hero
Please create a new thread for console @Sweegtiegrrl2346

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 50 (2,323 Views)

★ Guide

Hi!

I had an issue with Angling Ace aspiration, it showed -147 hours of fishing, I fixed by using testingcheats thingie.

• Affected Aspiration: Angling Ace
  • Affected Aspiration Level: Hooked (II)
  • Affected Aspiration Task: Fish for ten total hours (-147/10)

I'm on PC, don't have mods, never used, though I change lots a lot and have many families across the world. I have all expansions and a few packs.

Message 29 of 50 (2,277 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @paolaelectra

Do you happen to have any saves that have the issue, or from before the issue occurred?  If so, would you be willing to share them?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 50 (2,263 Views)