Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Aspirations not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

@myswtsins

did you sell anything through buy/build mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 50 (5,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes, but very little.  I'd say easily less than $1,000 worth of stuff. 

Message 12 of 50 (5,162 Views)

Sim challenge aspiration dont work

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, parenthood, get to work, get together, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? at the aspiration of mixologist
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim had a challenge in her aspiration of mixologist to make 3 drinks on a one party, i had a party and made 3 drinks and nothing happened, she still have 0/3 drinks, i tried to make more drinks and she still have 0 drinks
What do you expect to see? her challenge should be completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after last update

I hope this will be fixed, i will maybe try to make another party and see

Message 13 of 50 (5,161 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having a problem fulfilling the Family aspirations.  Here is the issue:

My Sim was abducted and impregnated.  Naturally, his wife adopted her husband's abduction baby, and they have been living like a regular family ever since-- except that this child sometimes does and at other times does not count toward the fulfillment of her family aspirations. I have read comments in various Let's Plays regarding this issue, though they seem to have conflicting accounts about who should and shouldn't count toward these aspirations.  I have also searched for quite a while to find any guide about care dependents and their ability to count for family aspirations, and the archived version of this thread was the only thing I've found.  

I am aware that I can use cheats to resolve this issue, and if I absolutely have to I will.  However, I am trying to complete the Supersim Challenge with her-- all skills, all traits, all aspirations-- so I really don't want to have to do this.  They do have two other children in the household-- well one toddler and one on the way (assuming that the Try for Baby interaction that they just did worked-- all signs are currently pointing to yes), so I know that I can use them to complete the Super Parent and Successful Lineage aspirations.  However, I'm out of luck with the Big Happy Family aspiration unless I want to use cheats, get rid of one of the family's 3 dogs, or rush the aging process of the kids and/or dogs-- it's safe to assume, though, that I have no interest in doing any of this.  

I have listed the specific aspirations and stages that I'm having trouble with (and the ones that seem to be working just fine) below.

I do really hope that this is a glitch, though, and not intended-- since he is not her "natural" child.  It sends a very problematic message if this is intended.  And this message becomes even more frustrating when you consider that a recent patch increased the rate of alien abductions (and presumably pregnancies(?)), and as a result, if not of this patch then of the simple game mechanics, my Sims ended up with a child that they didn't want at the time.  Everyone adores him now, but in a game with a mechanic like this-- that allows for the possibility of a child being forced onto your family-- this child should at least count towards these aspirations the same as any so-called "natural" child.  

Again, though, I'm hopeful that this is just a glitch, rendering the previous paragraph irrelevant, but if it isn't I hope that this is something that the gurus will keep in mind as they continue to develop a game that is poised to challenge "traditional" definitions of "family" and of identity-- and, yet, the game's programming still hasn't found a way to consistently account for the place of step-children or other children with primary caregivers who aren't their natural parents.  This is an issue for another thread, though, so without further ado, here are the specific aspirations/levels I have been having an issue with:

Super Parent: 

Levels 1 and 2 worked just fine with the step-child, and for level 3, she had no problem accomplishing this requirement: "Help a child with schoolwork for 4 hours."  This showed up as completed as soon as she reached this level, and, for what it's worth, there's no way that the "child" to whom this refers was her other child-- she is still a toddler and, thus, has not started school.

However, for level 3, I am NOT able to fulfill this requirement:

"Have a child with a Character Value within range to receive a trait"

- Upon reaching this level, she had a child (well, her step-son) whose responsibility Character Value was within range to earn the responsible trait.

- My first guess was that it was not counting because he didn't reach this range while this level of the aspiration was active-- so I had him make a bunch of messes until his responsibility           fell out of range.  Then I had him clean them up until it was back in range-- no change. 

- I will check to see if this requirement is fulfilled for her husband (the child's biological father), but he needs to complete level 2 first.

Big Happy Family:

Levels 1 and 2 worked just fine with the step-child (they were fulfilled either before the daughter was born or before she aged up to a toddler).  For level 3, this requirement IS fulfilled: "Be Parent to a child with 3 friends."  Again, I'm fairly certain that this was fulfilled before the daughter was born.  It was definitely before she aged up to a toddler, though I'm not sure if that matters because her brother did go in and meet her while she was a baby and I'm fairly certain they reached "friend" status-- (It's possible, then, that she was the child with 3 friends" that this level required, I really can't remember when I first switched into this aspiration to see what did and didn't count.)

Either way, this requirement is NOT fulfilled

"Be friends with 3 of your children"

- Her friendship bar is completely full for both children.  But, it is only counting 1 of the 2 children as a friend for this requirement.  Her husband, on the other hand, is showing up as being friends with both children.  

Successful Lineage

So far, this one seems to be working, but, then again, levels 1 and 2 are the same as for Big Happy Family, and for level 3 the only thing she has been able to fulfill so far has been this requirement: "Help a child with homework 3 times."  The child is still in elementary school and is still a ways away from maxing any of the child skills, so I won't know for a while if the other two requirements are working when it comes to this child. 

Message 14 of 50 (5,123 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Achievements

★★★★ Novice

I have a child Sim with the artistic childhood aspiration. I have a task to complete 5 different pictures on the drawing table and I already drawn every type but it still will not complete. Also redo them all hoping whatever the game thinks I missed gets counted. I changed the drawing table that comes with the familly stuff pack and start using the one thats in the base game. At last I enable testingcheats on to restablish object and sim to. Finally I did a repair of the game, and none of this has helped.

Any suggestions?
I have every pack and expantion of the game, including lastly Cats and dogs.

Message 15 of 50 (5,098 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Aspirations

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Tasharola

How many types do you have showing ? There's 5 different types and the unlock as you level up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 50 (5,089 Views)

Re: Mansion baron aspirations can't complete

★★★ Newbie
The Mansion Baron branch, of the FORTUNE aspirations, is not properly tracking the property value of my lot. It is instead decreasing the property value with every most-expensive purchase from Build Mode. To confirm this I selected the Info Panel of my lot during both Build Mode and Manage Worlds, and on the Info Panel it states that my property value is currently $286,886. Though the aspiration tracker has decreased my property value whenever I purchase an item and is falsely stating that my property value is $166,617/$350,000. When it should be $286,886/$350,000.
Message 17 of 50 (5,071 Views)

Re: Sir Gala Had bug with Earn Silver on 3 Thrown Parties

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My "Earn Silver on 3 Thrown Parties" is stuck for one Sim in the household too. The other got all 3 completed but this other one hosted a few and earned Silver but they haven't registered. It's so annoying because so many of the many party goals don't register either, so it's mostly "luck" that gets me to even learn Silver. And then to see it not even registering is disheartening. SimQARobo already has my saved file from a few days ago due to another issue. I've only thrown House Parties.

Message 18 of 50 (5,083 Views)

Re: Sir Gala Had bug with Earn Silver on 3 Thrown Parties

Hero

HI @EmpathyHeals

what kind of parties did you host ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 50 (5,066 Views)

Re: Sim challenge aspiration dont work

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Malgosia123438

We are trying to reproduce your issue, but we would need some info. Do you mind answering a couple questions?

What interaction were you performing to make drinks? What kind of party did you throw?

Also, would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!. :D

Thank you very much!

Message 20 of 50 (5,039 Views)