[COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Achievements

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Achievements

Hero

Please report all issues with achievements here. 

Include the following info

• Achievement
  • Task you did

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 14 (2,265 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Achievements

Hero

Compiled List

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Acheivments:
Level 10 in criminal career (hit lvl 10 in oracle path)

Age up a sim (both manual age up via bday cake and natural age up thru game progression)

Legacy and alphabet legacy (10 and 26 generation household).

Even "edit relationship" section is fubar. Person A related to person b, but from person B it wont show related to person A.
Max
Message 3 of 14 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Krysiana

Is this for PC or console ?

Bit unsure what relationships have to do with reaching level 10 in  a career ? Are you talking multiple ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

According to some people, the Aliens Among Us achievement can falsely fulfill. The criteria for this achievement is that you must discover ten aliens in disguise. The problem is, according to reports, even undisguised aliens are counting toward the achievement. This is more than likely related to the ongoing issue where undisguised aliens keep being "discovered." At this point, I think it's pretty obvious that the game has no way of distinguishing between disguised and undisguised aliens.

Message 5 of 14 (2,096 Views)

Aliens Among Us Achievement Falsely Fulfills

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a Sim (preferably a Geek with two more NICE traits, so that they don't keep getting the angry reaction) 2. Populate the world with at least ten aliens for them to meet (they MUST be undisguised) 3. Have the Sim meet these aliens
What happens when the bug occurs? Meeting undisguised aliens counts toward the Aliens Among Us achievement, despite the achievement specifying that you must discover ten aliens IN DISGUISE. This can cause the achievement to falsely fulfill.
What do you expect to see? I would not imagine that undisguised aliens would count toward this achievement, especially since it specifies that you must discover ten aliens IN DISGUISE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed a new thread for issues with achievements, so I decided to start up an officially formatted report for this one which could probably be merged with said thread. Basically, for some reason, undisguised aliens count toward the Aliens Among Us achievement, despite the achievement specifying that you must discover ten aliens IN DISGUISE. This can cause the achievement to falsely fulfill. Here's a thread with another person documenting the issue. It's the very last post of the thread. Yes, you ARE reading that right. The thread IS from 2015.

To me, it's pretty clear that this has got to be related to the ongoing issue where undisguised aliens keep getting "discovered." Obviously, for whatever reason, the game seems to have no way of distinguishing between disguised and undisguised aliens. "Disguised" appears to be what the game defaults to whenever a Sim meets an alien, regardless of whether or not the alien is ACTUALLY wearing a disguise.

Message 6 of 14 (2,077 Views)

Re: Aliens Among Us Achievement Falsely Fulfills

Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer

Unsure why you made a new thread when you already posted in the correct one yesterday but I merged your thread to the achievement collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,062 Views)

★★★ Guide

I figured that it would probably be better if the report had the proper formatting. In that case, though, I probably should have just made a thread instead of posting here first. Sorry about that.

Message 8 of 14 (2,058 Views)

Hero

Posting here was the right thing to do. Please do use collection threads where they exist. You can include all info anyways :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (2,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Lorraine-Simmer

The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by interacting with one not in disguise.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by interacting with a disguised alien in an extreme emotion.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by using an X-ray machine on a disguised alien patient.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by analyzing a sample from an alien patient.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by using a fingerprint scanner on a disguised alien suspect.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by succeeding at the Accuse of Being an Alien social.
The Aliens Among Us counter increments when a sim discovers an alien by woohooing with one

These are from the original design, note the very top line. Your issue is by design. The other ongoing issue you mention, 'undisguised aliens keep getting discovered', is a known issue that we're still investigating, and is not by design as far as I know. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 14 (1,989 Views)