by The_Waybad

Original Post

Reading/Analyzing books counts toward Daily task to write book

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims 4 writer career
What happens when the bug occurs? The daily task is to write books, however just reading books satisfies the daily task, which is wrong.
What do you expect to see? That reading books does not satisfy "write books daily task".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

that's all 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 3 of 6 (606 Views)

Daily task for Writer

★★★ Apprentice

For the first two promotions the daily task is to read a book - no problem found here.  For the next few promotions the daily task is to Write a book - but if you read one instead it counts - how ever if you write a book it will not give a complete even for books that are then published.  After choosing the option of Journalism or Author - wrote 2 books both published and still only have a 75% completion for the daily task.  Creative Whim states it works with writing but does not.  The Writing Career path is very annoying.   

Message 1 of 6 (1,635 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Interactions not/wrongly counting towards Daily Task

★ Apprentice

Career: Writer

Task to do: Write Books

Interaction you did to do it: Read/Analyze books

So, reading and analyzing books counts towards writing books atm. I shouldn't complain as it makes the daily task easier to fulfil, but it does feel like I'm cheating :P

Message 2 of 6 (1,273 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Writer career bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Very old bug that was mentioned several times in the old collection threads but I don't think there's a current active thread

Merged some older posts in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you Crinrict. Would you happen to know maybe if there is any mod out there that fixes this issue? Thank you! 

Message 5 of 6 (529 Views)

Hero
@kmonica1 Not aware of one, no but I'm not too good with keeping up with mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (524 Views)