Re: Restaurant gets stuck

by crinrict

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] [DO] Restaurant Corruption

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a few symptoms that point towards restaurant/save game corruption.

If you have any of these, please try to sell the restaurant through map view and then rebuy

SellRetail.jpg

Symptoms

• Loss of perk points and perks
  • Can't close restaurant
  • Restaurant doesn't show up as owned anymore

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 42 (4,235 Views)

Don' t Own Restaurant

★★★ Newbie

After I buy a restaurant, leave the lot and come back to the lot, when I click on business button, it says that I don't own any businesses.  But I can still manage the employees.

Message 1 of 42 (4,249 Views)

Re: Don' t Own Restaurant

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (4,234 Views)

Restaurant gets stuck

★ Guide

I opened my own restaurant, everything seemed to work smoothly until all of a sudden i noticed that customers never leave. I tried to speed up gameplay but realized the speed up function didnt work. Saved my game, went to manage worlds and went back to my saved game and restaurant. Even if it said it saved everytime I reload the lot it jumps into a random place with my sim with no saved progress on the restaurant! I have no mods or cc, the first time I ran a restaurant it worked fine, this is my second try on a different lot.

Message 3 of 42 (4,294 Views)

Hero

Can you not close the restaurant ? Did you try selling and rebuying ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (4,284 Views)

★ Guide

Closing the restaurant works fine, but if I then save and restart the whole game it goes back to the first day when I bought the restaurant and hasnt saved any of the progress. Ill try to sell and rebuy though!

Message 5 of 42 (4,270 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (4,268 Views)

★ Guide

I tried selling and rebuying the restaurant and saved it in a different save file. The first restaurant day worked fine, after that it messed up again and when I saved the file and restarted the game it opened the save file at the beginning of the first restaurant day instead of the second when it messed up and where I saved. Can it be that its because I "live" on my restaurant lot? My sim officially lives on a different lot but I built a restaurant with a small apartment next to it, and I constantly stay on the restaurant lot.

Message 7 of 42 (4,264 Views)

Restaurants not showing up in owned businesses

★ Novice

I've bought restaurants a couple of different times and had a good first day(s) of business- then when my sim returns home, the restaurant doesn't show up in their owned businesses tab. When they return to the restaurant lot it's still not available even if the manage worlds screen shows that sim as the owner of the restaurant. 

Message 8 of 42 (4,256 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I don't think that should be an issue.

Your save would be helpful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 42 (4,260 Views)