Re: Butler need decay?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Problems with butler

Hero

• Butlers will remember who they are working for, even if you load a different household to play.
    • Jeeves?
      • No madam, my name is Binks madam.
    • But he was taking care of the baby!
      • I’m sorry madam, but there is this notification.
  • Butlers should no longer appear in your list to hire a butler if that butler was formerly fired.

Two fixes for butlers on 1.33.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 119 (4,151 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

★★★★ Novice

I have some of the issues listed, but my main one is - the butler won't sleep... this means night time drags on even on fastest speed!

Message 112 of 119 (4,128 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @alanmichael1

Just some follow up questions on your save. The Household is Weiss but what was the name of the butler that appeared at the spice market? is the issue still occurring?

Message 113 of 119 (4,043 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @IrishMadCat_EA

my game has proceeded 2 generations further since then, but I still found the butler because he is one of those immortal repairman Sims. His name is Rachid Al Habib. The family is living in the self-built house on the island. I don't know if the issue still occurs. Generally the butler worked quite well, but I would love an option to send him to sleep.

Message 114 of 119 (4,013 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you @alanmichael1 for the additional information. 

Message 115 of 119 (4,002 Views)

EA Sims Team

Just want to forward along some info from SimGuruGraham about expected behavior with butlers:

"The butler silently rotates between roles in the background, from maid, to repairman, to gardener, to nanny. If the butler is currently in the maid role and has low fun, they're going to choose to read instead of repairing anything. Once they switch to to the repairman role, then they'll go fix something that's broken. "

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 116 of 119 (3,935 Views)

Hero

I'm currently a bit unsure about how to handle this thread as some issues might have been fixed.

Would be glad if people could re-report their open issues on butlers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 119 (3,887 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I cannot assign bed to butler. I've tried different beds, moving the bed, leaving and coming back, saving and doing a power cycle, ... The first time the butler apparently was dismissed and a new one returned when my Sim returned home. Frustrating.
Message 118 of 119 (3,812 Views)

Hero

Hi @PuppyofJam

could you please make a new thread for this. This one is a bit of a mess. I think separate threads are more useful

I'm going to lock this one so it goes for all butler issues. Make a thread per issue.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 119 of 119 (28,507 Views)