[ Edited ]
Hero

Please put all Issues with the butler in here

Compiled List

• Butler can't use fridge after moving
  • Same butler in every household
  • Butler not taking care of their needs
  • Butler reverting to old one
  • Butler won't clean empty plate when dishes is cooked by sim with "Fresh Chef" reward trait.
  • Butler won't clean dishes on highchair

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 119 (28,033 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Butler need decay?

Hero

Hi @PuppyofJam

could you please make a new thread for this. This one is a bit of a mess. I think separate threads are more useful

I'm going to lock this one so it goes for all butler issues. Make a thread per issue.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 119 of 119 (28,513 Views)

All Replies

[TO ADD] Butler need decay?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had a butler for two sim days now and he doesn't seen to have any need decay.  I'm running NO MODS.  He goes around gardening, checking for dust, cooking, drinking from the globe, cleaning, etc.  I can't fault his work ethic. Standard smile  I've even used the testingcheats on and shift clicked on him to Enable Need Decay in case it was bugged that way.  But he still never seems to tire, get dirty, hungry or need the toilet.  Is this intended?  I have a bedroom for him with the bed assigned to him. 

Message 1 of 119 (28,181 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, not 5 minutes after I posted this he finally took a bath and went to bed.  Still hasn't used the toilet yet.  So I'm not sure in Enabling the Need Decay did the trick (did it on Sim day 1 for him).  But will keep an eye on him.

Message 2 of 119 (28,175 Views)

Hero

OK

Leaving it here for now to see if others have similar issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 119 (28,158 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Butler need decay?

★ Pro

@shetcogle , here is a link to the butler section of the simsvip game guide on VG, https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vintage-glamour-guide/#Butler

It indicates that only 3 motives are enabled for butlers: hunger, energy and fun.   If accurate, butlers shouldn't need to use a toilet or bathe for any reason other than a bubble bath for fun.

Message 4 of 119 (28,146 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen him do the bubble bath for sure.  He didn't sleep or eat for two days when I first got him.  So not sure what was happening there.

Message 5 of 119 (28,128 Views)

Hero

Do you remember what time you hired him ? Evening ? There was an issue with some other NPC if you hired them in the evening, it took a few days for them to start working properly.

Is all good now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 119 (28,119 Views)

★ Guide

My butler doesn't sleep at all. He doesn't eat or bathe either. And, with him being awake all night, my game clock runs at regular speed when the entire house should be asleep. It's annoying Frown

Message 7 of 119 (28,057 Views)

Hero

Any mods/cc ?

If not,  are you willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 119 (28,050 Views)

Problems with butler

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I'm having huge problems with my butler on The Sims 4. It is a brand new Sims 4 installation on to a brand new PC, no CC or Mods. The first time round the butler wouldn't cook anything and would only cook veg food because the trait of the butler was veg.

I fixed this as someone suggested like other players said, by visiting a Dine Out cafe, fire the butler and a new butler will spawn.

I did this and it worked fine.

Now, with my butler in another save, they won't stay. They keep leaving the flat for 4/5 hours about x4 times a day. I've tried resetting the sim, repairing and moving the saves out and back into the game.

Please help.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 119 (28,104 Views)