Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

by Squonsh

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

So I want a new butler, how do I get one? Also my butler never sleeps and he has a bed assigned to him and everything. I have CC and Mods but I have tried removing them.

Message 91 of 119 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! I'm not able to assign my butler a bed. Also "Akita Nakamuro" is the only butler in my entire game.

I've tried to repair my game in origin but nothing helps---

Message 92 of 119 (1,704 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have no mods or CC.

I hired a butler.  He immediately made two group meals then let them sit rotting on the counter (and let puddles sit in the bathroom) while he read a book for 24 hours.  I reprimanded him, and then he immediately went back to reading a book.  So I fired him and hired a new one.

The next butler showed up and sprayed down some surfaces, still ignoring the rotting dishes on the counter.  I asked her to cook me a meal, and she stopped in the middle, transferred the pan to the other stove (playing in the Feng household, with two stoves) and then abandoned it and stood in the kitchen sighing and cracking her back and looking bored while things sat around being filthy and giving my sims bad moodlets.

Why won't these guys clean my house???

Message 93 of 119 (1,639 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem...but every since I got City Living...all of my butlers are Japanese. A little uncomfortable because now all my sims look racist... Disappointed

Message 94 of 119 (1,619 Views)

Hero

Hi @Simmer_Themis

are they different Sims or is it always the same one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 119 (1,615 Views)

★★ Novice

They are different Sims.

Message 96 of 119 (1,613 Views)

★★ Novice

They are different Sims. I finally just ended up using "testingcheats true" to edit one of the Butlers, but I figured that I'd point this out to you guys just in case there's some sort of bug going on.

Message 97 of 119 (1,611 Views)

Hero

There's generally an overflow of asian NPCs.

It's probably more this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Game-generated-townies-are-all-same-household-struct...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 119 (1,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Not only an "overflow" of Asian NPCs, but also same looking and the overflow of Asian names as well which is why I deleted/uninstalled CityLiving a few month ago. It was the only way to get rid the invasion of all these annoying bugs that this EP has brought into Sims 4.
Message 99 of 119 (1,599 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just hired a butler for the first time in months. I'm generally pleased with his behavior (he even sleeps at night in his room!), but when my Sim visited the Spice Festival, the butler appeared as a musician there though he was supposed to be at home. I believe that this bug was fixed at least for nannies some weeks ago. It would be nice if the team looked into butlers as well.

Message 100 of 119 (1,571 Views)