Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Butler dissappears

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 71 of 119 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have no mods or custom content at all on my game. I only have various EA dlc.
Message 72 of 119 (1,735 Views)

@40ts merged with a post filled with butler issues.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 73 of 119 (1,721 Views)

[VGSP] Butler Hakim always cooks.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My Butler seems to cook food all the time. Even if there is food in the fridge he cooked by himself (unspoiled of course). 

I checked if any of my mods are causing it but even with no mods, he does it. It's always the same butler (Hamza). 

I'm purposefully letting food out on the counter just so he doesnt cook. None of my sims are hungry! 

I wish there was a 'Responsibilities' -> 'Stop Cooking Meals' thing because, yes, I can't say No to him cooking food so the family is fed.. But its getting on my nerves! 

I will try firing the butler and assign a new one. Or else, I'll add a random sim to my family and make her a Butler/Nanny for them and their child. 

Message 74 of 119 (1,716 Views)

Hero

@40tswrote:
I hired a butler for my family but when I left the game he was gone when I came back. I then hired a new one and left the game again. He was gone too. I fired him and hired a new one but it was him again! My sims are unable to call him and I can't find him in the neighbourhood. I don't know what else I can do.

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 119 (1,705 Views)

Re: Butler Hakim always cooks.

Hero

@windaws97

merged your post with the butler collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 119 (1,699 Views)

Re: [VGSP] Butler Hakim always cooks.

★ Apprentice

Okay, I did what I said in the last post (Fire and hire a new Butler)

I had a new butler (Ella, an elder) and she did very well. Until I went with my sim to work (a Medical Assistant) 

When my sim was done with work and it loaded her home again, I saw that the butler changed to Hamza (not Hakim like I said) again. 

However, this time he seems to be 'fixed'. I just hope this doesnt repeat again. I don't mind if EA intended to assign butlers on a rotating service, at least I don't have a ton of food anymore 

Message 77 of 119 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just recently bought the vintage pack mainly for the butler but every time I ask him to cook it takes my in game cash but doesn't cook anything none of the other assign tasks seem to work.

I tried firing and rehire that also doesn't work, repairing the game that didn't work I also deleted the folder and that did not help.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Message 78 of 119 (1,671 Views)

★★★★ Pro

My understanding is that if you ask the butler to cook, you will get charged the price of the meal, however, if they autonomously cook you will not get charged. That is how I remember it being explained in the Sims Vintage Glamour Stuff livestream and what I have experienced myself in my game. 

Message 79 of 119 (1,662 Views)

Hero

@totaldestruct wrote:

I just recently bought the vintage pack mainly for the butler but every time I ask him to cook it takes my in game cash but doesn't cook anything none of the other assign tasks seem to work.

I tried firing and rehire that also doesn't work, repairing the game that didn't work I also deleted the folder and that did not help.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Butler does seem a but buggy at the moment.

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 119 (1,645 Views)