Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] [GT] Weird Text Messages

by MoonsPERS

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

The bugs seem to be random though they happen more frequently when I play longer games on the weekend. I had another issue pop up recently with my butlers. I hired one at my Landgraab house in Oasis Springs a few weeks ago and a male showed up. Everything was fine for a while until this past weekend when I hired one at another house in Newcrest and in walked a blonde haired female. My older male sim ended up starting a relationship with her and I dismissed her long enough for them to Try for a Baby and once she was pregnant I hired her again. I found that in order for her to have the baby I needed to leave the house when she was in labor and play another family for a day or two and when I went back to my Manage Worlds there was the Townie sim with a new baby! Yay! I tranferred baby into the family and had dad take care of him while mom continued to Buttle. I decided I wanted their kid to be green since dad was green and repeated the process in the hopes of getting a green baby. This time while she was in labor I went to my Landgraab house to pass the time. Imagine my surprise when I see my female butler wandering around their house cleaning things and striking butler-like poses while still in labor! I went to the husband's phone to dismiss her but there was no option. I had to "hire" her and immediately dismiss her in order for her to leave and go have her baby. When I went back to the house she was supposed to be employed at I found her postpartum and back to work like nothing had happened. When I hire a butler, are they automatically everyone's butler or should different houses have different butlers?

I don't have any modified objects in my game that I'm aware of. I think one house came with a "pond" that was a rug someone modified to look pond-like. Other than that I use testingcheats true and then cas.fulleditmode to make some edits to my Townies every once in a while. For some reason my game spawns a lot of random elderly people and not many younger sims so I have to go in and back them up to young adults or adults and while I'm in there I might tweak things to make them more interesting. I've also used cheats to bump skills and change relationships among sims, but that's about it. I've tried using the Repair option on Origin but it doesn't seem to do much for my game. Eventually weird things will start happening again. 

I'm at work right now but I'll do a save tonight and send it your way.

thanks!

Message 61 of 119 (10,781 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MoonsPERS

Thanks for the info. So you fired the butler got in a relationship and then rehired her once she was pregnant. Is that the correct series of events?

Was the Pond/Rug Custom Content on the lot where the date occurred? Do you know what the Custom Content was called? 

Message 62 of 119 (10,771 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I hired the butler, started a relationship, and when I realized trying for a baby wasn't in the options I dismissed her (so no hard feelings) and went on a date with her to a park where the option to try in the bushes presented itself. When I saw the little bubble appear that says they might be pregnant I ended the date, went back to the house and hired her again. She went through the whole pregnancy up to labor then kept wandering the house doing her butler duties while occasionally moaning and huffing and puffing but she refused to use the bassinet I placed in a room for her. After nearly half a day of that I figured I had to leave for her to have the baby so I saved my progress, left that house and went to another for two days then saved my progress there and went back to Manage Worlds. When I confirmed she had the baby I transferred him to my active household and went back into it and everything seemed normal. I repeated this process for baby #2 but I went to a different house the second time that also had a butler and that's where things got messy. Switching from house #1 with butler #1 to house #2 caused butler #1 to override butler #2 at that house and suddenly she was "working" there as well as house #1 AND she was still in labor. The weirdest part was that she was doing all her butler duties like the male butler before her, but there was no option to dismiss her. it was like they had never hired a butler to begin with. I was able to call and "hire" her then immediately dismiss her and she booked it off the lot to go have her baby. 

Now that I think about it, the same thing sort of happened a while ago with the male butler. I hired him at one house in Windenberg and then stopped playing that house after a while and moved on to the Landgraab house. When I had Mr. Landgraab dial up a butler, the one from my first house appeared. I just figured he left his old job and came to the new house because I hadn't used him in a while. When he suddenly got replaced by the female butler from house #3 I suspected something wasn't working right. 

Message 63 of 119 (10,766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Almost forgot, the pond/rug was part of a house i downloaded from the Community. My sims did not have their date there. A different family lives at that house. 

Message 64 of 119 (10,764 Views)

Hero

@MoonsPERSdoes this have anything to do with the text messages you reported ? If not, I'll split your posts as that would be the wrong thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 119 (10,757 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you'd like to start a new thread for the butler issues please feel free. I doubt I'm the only one with butlers that spawn where they shouldn't be.

Message 66 of 119 (10,751 Views)

Re: Butler Issues

Hero

@MoonsPERS

merged your butler issue with the butler collection thread.

Just like to keep it clean :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 119 (10,744 Views)

Re: Butler Issues

★ Guide

Why this thread didn't come up when I searched for butler issues I'll never know. I'm copying and pasting what I wrote in the thread I started (sorry, I totally would have posted here if this thread had come up).

My butler never sleeps. NEVER. There's a bed assigned to them but they refuse to sleep. As you know, if there is any sim awake on the lot, the game will not fast forward through ultra speed, which is just annoying.

Second issue, I fired the butler, yes I used the fire option. They sent a brand new butler. I assigned the butler the bed, they did a few things around the house, my sim traveled off lot. Came back, the original butler I fired was back. This happened more than once.

Fired the original butler a final time then deleted the sim completely. Hired a new butler. Great. Left the lot, returned, and there's a completely different butler on my lot than the one hired. Fine, whatever, assigned them a bed, they still won't sleep.

These issues are repeatable with or without mods. Also, I'm uncertain what time of day I hired the butlers except for the final one (with an entirely new butler replacing them) was in the morning. I've fired the butler and am hoping one doesn't decide to show up again later after my sims travel off lot.

Message 68 of 119 (10,651 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

★★★★★ Novice

My butler keeps changing each time I open the game its another one. It shifts between 3 different sims, an old lady, an old man and an adult man. One of them is a kleptomaniac so of cause I don't want him around - still he pops up out of nowhere

Message 69 of 119 (10,600 Views)

Butler dissappears

★★★ Novice
I hired a butler for my family but when I left the game he was gone when I came back. I then hired a new one and left the game again. He was gone too. I fired him and hired a new one but it was him again! My sims are unable to call him and I can't find him in the neighbourhood. I don't know what else I can do.
Message 70 of 119 (10,619 Views)