Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

by LennethValkyri3

Original Post

Re: Butler not appearing on lot while visiting

★ Apprentice

However I have found I can add a butler to a club - travel somewhere - start a club meeting - and the butler shows up. I like this.

Message 51 of 119 (1,535 Views)

Re: Butler not appearing on lot while visiting

Hero

Traits seem very unbalanced in general, wouldn't count that as a bug. Not sure about the age but I wouldn't necessarily count that as a bug either.

I'll check on the rest tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 119 (1,530 Views)

Re: Problems with butler

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue aswell. I had one butler for the Goths and then I hired a butler for Bjergsens and the same butler showed up. I fired that one from Bjergsens and hired a new one, but then that one showed up at the Goths instead! Arrrgh so frustrating!

Message 53 of 119 (1,520 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

No Mod or with mod, both are happening. It seems to happen to maids and neat sims too. They just never clean those plates.

Message 54 of 119 (1,508 Views)

Hero

@LennethValkyri3

Thanks for the report.

I'll put it on the first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 119 (1,497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My butlers seem to cook a zillion meals. I have to now close the kitchen off and set the door lock not to let them in. They are wasting food and it just too much for my sims to finish before they even spoil. It's like a buffet up in those houses.

Message 56 of 119 (1,490 Views)

Hero

@LennethValkyri3wrote:

Butler won't clean empty plate when dishes is cooked by sim with "Fresh Chef" reward trait.

Can't duplicate your issue.

Do you have a save you are willing to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 119 (1,474 Views)

EA Live QV Team

HI @LennethValkyri3

We are looking into this issue. What other traits does the Butler have and chef have? Can upload your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 58 of 119 (1,462 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the issue of the same sim being hired as butler for multiple households. Attempting to dismiss and hire a butler again re-hires the same sim.

I want different households to have different butlers, and can find no way of accomplishing this.

Message 59 of 119 (1,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@roBurky    Unfortunately there's no fool proof way to accomplish it at the moment. Even if you fire the butler and hire a new one and actually manage to get a different one, usually the original one ends up coming back eventually. It IS annoying, and I hope that the Maxis team is looking into a way to let us select different butlers for different households. It'd be nice if they gave us a list to choose from like we have with restaurant employees. And while they're at it, it would be similarly nice to select from a list for maids, nannies and gardeners. 

Message 60 of 119 (1,441 Views)