Re: Butler not appearing on lot while visiting

by mariah6194

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Butler Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My butler is useless. She was taking bubble baths all the time. She would wander around the house frequently, but she rarely did anything like cleaning or cooking. When I got babies/toddlers in the house, she would just stand in the nursery in front of the cradle/toddler bed... and 2 times she stood at the end of the parent's bed. It's creepy. I have had issues with previous attempts to use a Butler in other games, so I went ahead and dismissed her and I am not planning on employing another one until they're actually useful and no longer being creepy stalkers.

I also get annoyed that the time speed stays normal when the household members are asleep or away at work/school. But that I can deal with more than the creep factor and uselessness. 

Message 31 of 119 (3,311 Views)

Re: Same butler everywhere

★★★★★ Novice

How do you share a save file? I am having the same problem. (Same butler everywhere)

Message 32 of 119 (3,289 Views)

Re: Same butler everywhere

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had an issue where I had a klepto butler stealing things, so I fired her and got a new one. I went into the city for an event, came back home, and it had reverted back to my old butler.

Message 33 of 119 (3,282 Views)

Re: Butlers very glitchy

★★★★ Pro

I have the same problem re: gardening with butlers.  I told the butler to stop gardening and he didn't listen and kept gardening so I thought perhaps the instruction wouldn't take until after he finished.  

I later went to tell the butler to start gardening again (I had finished the first tier of the gardening aspiration) and the option was still to 'stop gardening' even though I had told him to stop before. Also, I noticed the garden was drying out so I ended up assigning the task of 'water plants' in order to get him to water the plants.  

I also notice that time won't go in ultra speed if you have a butler awake on your lot, though I notice the same with any NPCs on your lot (or if you are trying to nap in a public area).  I think the slow speed in public areas is recent, and particularly noticeable in San Myshuno as I've done a lot of rags to riches and I don't remember time not going to ultra speed when the Sims were napping on benches in the past.  

I have no mods or CC and play on a Windows 10 gaming laptop. 

Thanks!

Jennifer

Message 34 of 119 (3,273 Views)

Butler not appearing on lot while visiting

★★ Apprentice

If I visit a sim who has a butler hired, the butler is not there at the house while I'm there. I see them walking around as townies in their normal clothes all the time but the only time I see them as a butler is if I'm playing the family who has them hired. Is this normal?

Message 35 of 119 (3,270 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@mariah6194 This is by design, the butler is only working when you're playing as the household that has one hired.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 119 (3,253 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay, cool thanks for the reply Standard smile

Message 37 of 119 (3,250 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MapleSimmer Would you mind providing your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 38 of 119 (3,228 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I uploaded the specific save file with my user name to the link you provided; it would take me a long time to upload my save folder as I have a lot of different saves.  

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 39 of 119 (3,220 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MapleSimmer Are you using a lot of CC? We are getting a lot of missing items in the save.

Message 40 of 119 (3,204 Views)