Re: Same butler everywhere

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah that'd be great - although I apparently can't hire a mixologist, chef, or anything else for my parties anymore either ... :'( 

Message 20 of 119 (10,620 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Would anyone be willing to share a save file with me where they're experiencing this issue? Thanks much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 119 (10,608 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Butler need decay?

★ Guide

@crinrict

Hi Crinrict Standard smile

I'm still having all sorts of butler problems, sadly =(  ... although one of them eventually did go to sleep. However, he slept for nearly 2 days.. which I didn't understand.

The bigger problem seems to be that no matter what household I play, *all* the butlers are the same person. Also, related to this issue, when a butler is hired, the maid changes into someone else completely.

I sure hope EA gets the kinks worked out soon!

Message 22 of 119 (10,574 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save as asked above ?

@Jonalinn

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 119 (10,559 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the URL to my files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn25ec94aq4oijz/saves.zip?dl=0

I'm using a MacBook Air, the errors are the following:

- Same butler keeps appearing.

- Assign task > prepare meal won't appear. It only appears repair an object, take care of the children and water the plants.

- Butler will follow me to restaurants.

Thank you!

Message 24 of 119 (10,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

My butler never eats or does any kind of normal activities to entertain himself. All he ever does is make drinks from the globe bar. You would think if he was actually ever properly hungry or bored that he would do other things to fill his needs? Like eat real food? Watch tv, listen to the radio, read, something? Also When he gets tired (which seems to take an abnormally long time) he won't actually sleep. He just keeps getting in and out of bed over and over and over.... He'll just do that for hours if I let him. For now, to fix it, I've used testing cheats to fix his needs and make him happy whenever he starts doing that. Otherwise he'd do that forever and no work would get done around the house.

Also, he won't fix broken things, and when I finally tried to tell him to repair objects, my sim rings the bell to call the butler over, but then the action just cancels out and so I can't tell him to fix things either. I haven't really tried telling him to do anything else yet, other than to invite visitors into the house (which worked), so I don't know what other orders don't work, if any others are broken.

Message 25 of 119 (10,541 Views)

Butlers very glitchy

★ Guide

My butler keeps changing. It seems as if they are being used to fill other NPC roles in the game. The first one changed for no reason but I found her later as an entertainer in the roof top lounge. The second one changed when I had a house party in my residence and so I am on to my third butler in that save. It is a brand new save and I use no cc or mods.

The other save I have is also a brand new save with no cc or mods. With this save I hired a butler but her traits were not good so I hired another one, her traits were not good either, but third time lucky. So I stuck with this butler. I then decided to travel to San Myshuno and when I got back it had changed back to the previous butler I had. So I fired this butler and deleted him, hired another one and this time it was the first butler I had had back again. Another problem I have is that I have told all the butlers that I have had to stop gardening but they continue to do it. I noticed I have to do it with all the sims in a household and even after doing this the butler will still garden. After a while I check back on the responsibilities and it has changed back to stop gardening. Instead of start gardening that it should say. The butlers are very glitched and it looks very much like they didn't test the game alongside City Living. Just to clarify I am firing the butlers and not just dismissing them.

Message 26 of 119 (10,611 Views)

Re: Butlers very glitchy

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Franstntn

So Just to clarify you have 2 Saves with the following issues. 

On the First save:

1. The Butler kept changing outfits
  2. The Butler kept showing up in other roles in the world.

On the Second save

1.  You fired 2 Butlers but after you traveled the second Butler came back. When you fired that Butler you got the first Butler you had hired and fired. 
  2. Butler won't stop gardening except when the whole household is instructed not to. Even then they start gardening again eventually. 

Is this about correct?

Would you be happy to share your saves? If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 27 of 119 (10,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
  1.  You fired 2 Butlers but after you traveled the second Butler came back. When you fired that Butler you got the first Butler you had hired and fired. 

I'm having this issue, too.

I fired my sims 1st butler and hired a new one but after my sims' traveled the 1st butler came back.

Dear @crinrict , may you add this issue to the list?

Thank you in advance.

Message 28 of 119 (10,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm probably going to compile a butler thread as many issues seem similar and yet different.

Tagging @Franstntn

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 119 (10,535 Views)