----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 119 (4,732 Views)

Re: Problems with butler

Hero

Did you try firing this one as well ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 119 (4,620 Views)

[TO TEST] Butler can't use fridge after moving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It seems like EA has overlooked a simple bug with the butlers. When I moved houses, I kept all my furniture with me. Now, I can't assign my butler to cook any meals. But ones I sold my old fridge and stove and replace them with new ones, my butler can cook meals again. It wasn't really a big deal but it costed me simoleons.

Message 12 of 119 (4,530 Views)

Re: Issue with Butlers

Hero

But your other Sims were able to use the fridge ok ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 119 (4,515 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Butler need decay?

Hero

HI @Jonalinn

are you still having these troubles ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 119 (4,539 Views)

[TO TEST] Same butler everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same butler keeps showing up in every single household. Repairing the game + deleting folder then adding back in saves, tray & option.ini didn't fix the issue. Could you look into this please?

Message 15 of 119 (4,623 Views)

Re: Same butler everywhere

Hero

You mean you switch households and the next household has the same one like the first one did ?

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 119 (4,615 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Removed the mod folder (I'm only using one), but it made no difference. I know others are experiencing similar issues, too (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906852/same-butler - but the solutions there didn't work for me). And yes, basically the exact same butler gets hired in every household, I tried firing her and hiring a new one (and there is a new one for a while), but when I restart the game, the old one's returned. So she was working in 2-3 households at the same time. Now it's only one though, because when I hired her last time my sims would stop performing any and all actions until I fired her again (though I'm guessing that's a separate issue) :/ 

Message 17 of 119 (4,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Also, just in case, this is the mod I'm using: Custom Club activities 

(edit: Removed link. Links to mods are not allowed at AHQ)

Message 18 of 119 (4,604 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I wish the game designers would fix this by allowing a choice of butlers (like you choose a caterer) and also a choice of maids and gardeners.

Message 19 of 119 (4,591 Views)