Re: CO-OP Not working

by MacDGalbraith

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CO-OP Not working

★★★ Novice

On PS4. Unable to use the couch co-op and repeatedly states “Failed to Start Split-Screen. There is no space in the group”. 

Any hints to tips or tips to fix?

Initially could use however severe lag and jittering. Then  froze at Rux. When reset unable to rejoin. 

Message 1 of 53 (16,769 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

I had the same exact problem before when trying to do split screen with another ps4 account. After hours, I made another ps4 account and tried it with the new one. It worked and I never had this problem again. Hope this helps if you really want to play with someone split screen. Otherwise, I hope this bug is fixed soon

View in thread

Message 8 of 53 (16,558 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Were you in a group with other players when you tried to join splitscreen? You cannot join splitscreen if you are the host of the group or if there are already 4 players in the group.

Message 2 of 53 (16,707 Views)

Split Screen issue on PS4.

★ Apprentice

i getting this message on PS4 when trying to use second player : 

Failed to start split screen.There is no space in the group.

Do you know what might be causing it? Bug? as my group has only P1 in it and other 3 slots are empty. 

Message 3 of 53 (16,705 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MacDGalbraith Nope. Wasn’t part of a group. Literally joined the game. Went to try co-op and failed. Even after restarts, nothing.
Message 4 of 53 (16,697 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah , exactly same as me, went to Rux and stuck , after reloading says group is full but its empty. 

Message 5 of 53 (16,680 Views)

★★★ Novice
@siriouslydrunken Actually I did the exact same thing, went to Rux, it froze. Restarted and never been able to work ever since...
Message 6 of 53 (16,630 Views)

★★★ Novice

Similar problem here on XBox One. Split screen was working until we tried to enter the PvE area, the game crashed and bailed to XBox dash. Split screen hasn't worked since; “Failed to Start Split-Screen. There is no space in the group” despite there being only P1 in the group. Group set to open, world set to play with others. Tried logging out of all profiles and back in, restarting the console etc still unplayable.

Message 7 of 53 (16,606 Views)

★ Guide

I had the same exact problem before when trying to do split screen with another ps4 account. After hours, I made another ps4 account and tried it with the new one. It worked and I never had this problem again. Hope this helps if you really want to play with someone split screen. Otherwise, I hope this bug is fixed soon

Message 8 of 53 (16,559 Views)

★★★ Novice
@arit0824 I'll try that tomorrow, thanks. Hope the bug is squished soon though since a new account means no progression on the main account that's replaced ? Fingers crossed, still early days.
Message 9 of 53 (16,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@arit0824Thank you so much. This sorted the problem out for me after battling for a day.

Message 10 of 53 (16,488 Views)