by shinjitenoyami

Original Post

[CL] Sims need to give same friend multiple apartment keys

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.1
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims with a mutual friend live in the same apartment (friend lives elsewhere). Have one sim give the friend an apartment key.
What happens when the bug occurs? The other sim still has the "Give apartment key" option even though their friend already has a key.
What do you expect to see? The other sim should either be able to revoke the key, or not have any key interactions. Also the friend should be able to come visit either sim without knocking because they already have a key.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a huge "bug," more "something that was overlooked," but it also seems kind of silly.

I have two siblings sharing an apartment (though I'd imagine this scenario would replicate with non-relatives as well). The sister gave her dad an apartment key. The brother still has the option to "Give apartment key" to their dad, even though he already has one from the sister. Also, when the dad wants to visit the brother, he still calls and asks "Can I come over?" and knocks on the door - he should be able to pop in and walk right in because the sister gave him a key.

Message 1 of 1 (278 Views)