Re: [CL] Sims cant sleep because of neighbours noise (noise gone/no option)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Sims can't sleep after noisy neighbours are no longer noisy

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in an apartment, when trying to sleep neighbours will be 'noisy', knock on door and complain, will not be able to go back to sleep once the neighbours have stopped being 'noisy'
What happens when the bug occurs? The selection to sleep is still greyed out stating 'too noisy to sleep' after the neighbours have stopped being 'noisy'
What do you expect to see? Once the neighbours have stopped being 'noisy' selection to sleep should be available for sims to go back to sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After 09/03/2020 Patch

Even after restarting my game and evicting the 'noisy' neighbours the option to sleep is still greyed out and 'too noisy to sleep'

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 15 (12,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CL] Sims can't sleep after 'noisy' neighbours have stopped being 'noisy'

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (with unmodded saves)? 

If so, we'd like to see videos of what you're seeing, as well as affected save files.

If anyone is willing to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (9,742 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims can't go back to sleep after 'noisy' neighbours have stopped being 'noi

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This situation hasn't happened in my game for ages, but can it be that your Sim has a long "angriness cooldown"? Like the children's fear cooldown after the monster has been sprayed?

Message 2 of 15 (12,394 Views)

[CL] Sims cant sleep because of neighbours noise (noise gone/no option)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them except Cottage Living, Dream Home Decorator and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and have your sim live in an appartment and wait until the neighbours get noisy
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim will go bang on the door when the neighbours get loud and when the other sim comes out i cant tell them to be quiet or anything and the noise continues and then my sim cant go to sleep or nap even after the noise stops.
What do you expect to see? i expect to either be able to tell the neighbours to be quiet and have them actually be quiet or be able to sleep once the noise stops
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the most recent update just before cottage living came out

i dont have any screenshots but when my sim tries to go to sleep once the neighbours stop making noise they cant because the option is greyed out and still says that its too noisey even when there is no noise.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 15 (12,355 Views)

Hero
@raelyndeloo Is this for city living or eco apartments ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (12,340 Views)

Hero
@raelyndeloo Which apartments are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (12,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just experienced this issue for the first time and I know this thread is a little old but It doesn't have any solutions so I thought I'd add this in case anyone else encounters it.

Having your sims travel off lot and then traveling back seems to have fixed the issue. (I did to a different world I'm not sure if just traveling to a different lot in the city would do it too so maybe try that if you want?)  Also I had my whole household go, I'm not sure if this would work if you only have one sim travel away.

Also In-case the Devs want to look into it more or if this fix doesn't work for you here's what happened when I encountered the bug;

My sims are living in the ZenView apartments in the fashion district, the neighbors apologized for making noise, disappeared back into their apartment, and the noise and accompanying animations stopped but my sims are unable to go to bed. None of them have the angry moodlet regarding noisy neighbors. I've tried debugging all their beds, the sims themselves, and the neighbors door. I also tried restarting my game but the issue persists. Its definitely been enough time since the neighbors stopped making noise for my sims to be able to sleep again.

I'm assuming this will work for any city apartments where this bug is encountered but I'm not sure if it will for eco apartments (Honestly idk if this is even an issue for eco apartments but if it is assume it should fix it since you're de-loading and then re-loading the lot I think)

Message 6 of 15 (10,827 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (with unmodded saves)? 

If so, we'd like to see videos of what you're seeing, as well as affected save files.

If anyone is willing to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 7 of 15 (9,743 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TheSimsDirect I have sent a save to you guys with this bug via dm
Message 8 of 15 (8,782 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Sims can't sleep after noisy neighbours are no longer noi

★★★ Apprentice

Would just like to add that this bug is still present for me.

Message 9 of 15 (7,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 10 of 15 (2,647 Views)