by shiraz1471

Original Post

[CL] San Myshuno's apartment is misplaced

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living. Get famous, Snowy escape, Get to work, City living, Eco lifestyle, Get together, Seaasons. Cottage Living, Cats and dogs, Discover university. Jungle adventure, Vampires, Realm of magic, Dine out, Spa day Vintage glamour stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Spoky Stuff, Backyard stuff, Luxury party stuff, Nifty knitting stuff, Fitness stuff. Perfect patio stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Laundry day, Tiny living, Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to San Myshuno and go inside of the apartments
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the apartments in San Myshuno placed wrong and missing colors and windows on the outside walls of the buildings
What do you expect to see? Housed and apartments in the right places, with full colors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

In San Myshuno one of the floors on the apartment that showed int he photo I added is misplaced. I delete all of my mods but the floor is still not in the right place. what should I do?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 15 of 52 (5,739 Views)

My "702 ZenView" Apartment Shifted Out of Apartment Boundaries

★★ Novice

Hi Sims4 Team,

I want to inform you that I found something strange with my build. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not.

I tried to build my apartment, build a room with a platform. Once I delete the platforms, I just realize that the apartment floor looks like shifted. Around 1 tiles area is out of the apartment border.

Could you please help to check on this issue? Not a critical issue or a showstopper, just kind of weird to have your apartment shifted out of the boundary.

Please find the file attached for the detail.

Thank you really appreciate this.

Message 1 of 52 (6,010 Views)

Re: My "702 ZenView" Apartment Shifted Out of Apartment Boundaries

Hero

Hi @azizatanaya 

are you using T.O.O.L and maybe did this by accident ? It's def reproducibly doable with that.

Bild_2020-11-19_151318.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 52 (5,993 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict 

Yes, I think I've been using that custom mod.

Is there any way that I could do to fix that?

I've been tried to move (shifting back) it back to normal but it can't.

Or should I delete the mod?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 52 (5,988 Views)

@azizatanaya 

Removing TOOL won't fix it. You need to move the apartment block shell back in place using the Mod. In Live Mode, Shift click on the apartment block, NOT your apartment level, and select Tool > Move. This will bring up the XY grid so you can add in the values to properly place the shell again.

11-19-20_3_02_57 PM.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 52 (5,982 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, correct...

I already move my apartment now with the T.O.O.L mod itself.

I put value (x,y) ~ (1,0) for this apartment. And it works! back to normal position.

Thank you guys for the advice.

I thought maybe I accidentally move the apartment without realizing about this mod.

Happy gaming! Standard smile

Message 5 of 52 (5,947 Views)

[CL] Platform Caused Entire Zenview Apartment Floors to Shift 1 Tile

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get to Work; Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Laundry, Romantic Garden, Moschino, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add a 1x3 tile platform to an upstairs bedroom in the 702 Zenview Apartment (San Myshuno).
What happens when the bug occurs? Both livable floors in the apartment building shifted 1 full "wall" tile directly after I added the small platform upstairs. Now, the top two floors of the building (including the "out of bounds" exterior walls) aren't aligned with the rest of the building. The white band that shows the apartments' original bounds is still in place. On one side it now comes into the living space (the kitchen in my sims' apartment), and on balcony side it hangs out past the balcony. I've tried everything I can to get it back to normal, but since the outside of the apartment is still out of bounds, I can't actually move the walls back to where they were.
What do you expect to see? I'd just like to be able to place platforms in upstairs parts of apartments without the apartments shifting (and having the white "bounds" band in my sims' living space). In this particular case, I'd really like to find a way to get the apartment back to normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshots AttachedStandard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 6 of 52 (4,682 Views)

Re: Small Platform Caused Entire Apartment Floors to Shift 1 Tile

★★ Guide

Just a note on this:D I've tried it a few times in both Zenview apartments (in new saves) & found this: 

1. The building shifts every time I add a platform to any upstairs room in either of the Zenview apartments (never downstairs rooms). 

2. The building doesn't always shift in the same ways. Different parts of the building move when I place platforms in different places & move them in different directions. 

3. The platform's size doesn't matter. A platform as small as 1x2 can cause this issueStandard smile 

Message 7 of 52 (4,672 Views)

@LaurenVillone

Have you used the TOOL Mod at all?

Did you bulldoze the apartments?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 52 (4,618 Views)

Managed to repro but only when I placed a platform where the outside balcony wall used to be then extend it:

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 09.18.20.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 09.18.41.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 09.15.27.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 52 (4,614 Views)