by xXilovemysimsXx

Original Post

[CL] Outside of apartment buildings have bugs after editing interior lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, all Game Packs, most Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit the interior of lot "2B Jasmine Suites" or 'Stonestreet Apartments #4" and look at the exterior of the apartment building.
What happens when the bug occurs? Editing interior of the apartment lots causes bugs on the exterior of the apartment building. Missing wall paint on wall tiles on the Jasmine Suites lot, exterior of Stonestreet #4 does not match rest of building.
What do you expect to see? The outside of the apartment building to match and not have bugs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,280 Views)

Re: Outside of apartment buildings have bugs after editing interior lot

Hero

@xXilovemysimsXx 

I tested this and I was able to reproduce it.  Whenever you use the room tool, it wipes the wall paint on both sides of the walls.  I was able to do it with the wall tool too if I tried to delete an exterior wall section.  The wall section didn't delete but the paint did.

On apartment exteriors, it is hard or nearly impossible to select the outside wall paint with the eyedropper tool but if you go to the wall paint section and select any paint and try to apply it to the anywhere on the exterior, the entire exterior finish gets replaced with what was there originally.  The game will not let you change the exterior finish, it just restores what was there.

So, imo, this is just a quirk of the build system.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6 (2,212 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with the stonestreet apartments in evergreen harbor they need to fix this asap.

Message 3 of 6 (2,176 Views)

Re: [CL][ECO]Outside of apartment buildings have bugs after editing interior lot

★★★ Pro

Here is a video showing the issue I am experiencing in my game.

Message 4 of 6 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, maybe I can help with the paint issue. First you go to build mode, then select the room where the outside paint is gone, then drag the wall backwards to the inside area so you can edit it according to the default apartment color. Then drag out the wall that you painted back out to the limit of the apartment wall.

Hope this method work.

Message 5 of 6 (2,008 Views)

★ Novice

This has bothered me for YEARS and this worked for me oh my gosh thank you so much!! 

Message 6 of 6 (958 Views)