Re: Household Inventory Irrelevant Objects

by Lexie_Star05

Original Post

[CL] Festival items appear in inventory/Objects from street moved into inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Irrelevant objects appear in household inventory when I enter the build buy mode
What do you expect to see? Only relevant objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest patches (27 and 28/04/2021) the game had lots of bugs, this is just one. After the patch I played on a new save file only without any cc or mods

After I returning  from vacation in Selvadorada to my apartment in city living I entered build mode and received notification that objects that I left on the street have been returned to my inventory. Apparently it gave me objects from the neighborhood (table, decorations, chair) with zero value ($). My sim has the kleptomaniac trait, but this is too much Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lexie_Star05 Do you remember which lot you were on last before you left home ? Was this from a common area or the rental lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (917 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello Crin , 

I ended the vacation from the café in 
Selvadorada marketplace , if that's what you are asking. By the way, the items I received in my inventory seems that they were from the tech event in the neighborhood. As soon as the event ended the items disappeared from my household too.

Message 3 of 11 (893 Views)

Hero
@Lexie_Star05 tech event ? I haven't' played jungle adventure since it came out. There are events in the pack ? Like the festivals ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice

No no , the event was from city living- the Geek con one. When I left from vacation and returned to my apartment that’s when the bug occurred 

Message 5 of 11 (851 Views)

Hero
@Lexie_Star05 Have you tried if just having the festival also causes items to end up in the inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (833 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Not really, it was the first time this occurred to me. If it happens again I will update you

Message 7 of 11 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Lexie_Star05 Ive noticed for quite a while that random objects appear in the household inventory sometimes.

Usually I get decorative plates from Parenthood, random diplomas from Discover University and also Freelancer reward plaques even if no one is the freelancer career.
Message 8 of 11 (744 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bearpal64 The Parenthood plates I believe is normal (supposed to be a birthday gift, if I am not wrong). However, the other day my Sim received a university certificate without ever enrolling, so there is definitely a glitch with random inventory objects
Message 9 of 11 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lexie_Star05 I think we need to keep things separate there.

Your original report probably has something to do with the festival objects being added to your inventory instead of disappearing. There have been reports on this before and it's best if we keep that for this thread.

Each instance is probably different.

@Bearpal64: The freelancer reward is probably this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-Receive-Freelancer-Award-After-Final-Degre...

For the diploma, are those new ? There's been a bug with those so there could still be bugged ones from before, otherwise I'd say, make a separate thread for that.

I've adjusted the title on this to make it about the festival items. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (703 Views)