[CL] DigiRAD keyboard breaks when not in use

by wombatilim

Original Post

[CL] DigiRAD keyboard breaks when not in use

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (BtDK currently disabled via command line options)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a DigiRAD keyboard. Play it for a bit, then wait some time. It'll break eventually, regardless of whether it gets used again or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? The keyboard breaks while not in use
What do you expect to see? The keyboard should break occasionally, but only while it's being used like other objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

• Issue has occurred for me across different saves, households. I've happened to be living in Windenburg each time it's happened, but I doubt that's the issue
  • No mods installed through the history of the current save.
  • If I don't play the keyboard after repairing it, it doesn't break. Playing it once seems to start a timer and it will break a few days later even if I don't touch it in the meantime.
  • I don't buy this object often so I don't know whether this has ever worked as expected. The times I've played with it on the lot for any period of time within the last year or so this has happened.
Message 1 of 6 (1,169 Views)

Re: [CL] DigiRAD keyboard breaks when not in use

Hero
@wombatilim Do you have the repair option after it breaks ?

Wonder if this is the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CL-Keyboard-can-t-be-repaired/m-p/10647067

Also, to be sure, it's not on auto-music ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,127 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I am absolutely able to repair it afterwards, and it doesn't break until after I use it again. And, no, it's not on auto-play.
Message 3 of 6 (1,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue also, can repair it after it breaks, though it just sitting there shouldn't cause it to break. Happens at university and home lot 

Message 4 of 6 (968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on PC. I've noticed this recently, not sure how long. I remember it working fine when I first bought City Living. 

Message 5 of 6 (716 Views)

Champion

For me it broke while a Sim was sitting on its bench eating breakfast, but she wasn’t playing it and auto-play wasn’t on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 6 (703 Views)