by Adipup

Original Post

[OPEN] [CHEAT] Modify career outfit cheat doesn't work for part time career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure a Sim is in a career with a uniform. Then press Ctrl+Shift+C, enter the sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas cheat, and modify the Sim's career outfit. Confirm your changes and leave CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The outfit is always replaced by the career's default uniform when the Sim changes into it.
What do you expect to see? The changes you make to the outfit should persist.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think this bug has been happening since the current patch, but I'm not entirely sure. This happens in a completely mod-less game, in a save that has never had any mods interact with it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (8,150 Views)

Re: Modify career outfit cheat no longer works

Hero
@Adipup I tested with my doctor and the change I applied stayed when the Sim went to work.

Do you have issues with all careers ?

I'm not 100% sure I understand correctly when it reverts to default for you.

Also by default you mean the uniform they were wearing before the change not some random uniform that's not suitable for their level ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (8,135 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did some more testing, and this bug only seems to be happening with part-time jobs (such as Barista or Manual Laborer). It isn't affecting full-time jobs or active careers.

And to answer your question, Sims change back into the default uniform for their career level, not a random outfit.

Message 3 of 13 (8,090 Views)

Hero
@Adipup Do you know if it worked properly for part time careers before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (8,073 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it worked at some point before, but I don't remember when, sorry.

Message 5 of 13 (8,062 Views)

Re: [CHEAT] Modify career outfit cheat doesn't work for part time career

★★ Pro

Oh cool, it's not just me.

I really hate the babysitter work outfit for my elder sim who wants to work as a part-time nanny.

Message 6 of 13 (7,620 Views)

★★ Pro

Seeing the same thing. It worked up until around the patch that changed part-time jobs. I think that was Island Living?

Now you can't adjust part-time outfits at all. It's very frustrating because some of the accessories from their Everyday outfit will carry over and look weird with their uniform and can't be fixed.

Message 7 of 13 (7,596 Views)

★★ Novice

This problem persists as of Dec 14th '22. 

I have also experienced similar when trying to change the outfits of hired help, butler etc. 

Message 8 of 13 (6,188 Views)

★★ Pro

so... any update on this or...?

Message 9 of 13 (3,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Was this ever fixed? Or was a solution ever found? Because I can't change my teen Sim's Drama After School Activity outfit no matter wtf I do. I can use the cheat and change everything, but when I click the checkmark, it automatically reverts, like I changed nothing. They wear more feminine clothes, despite being AMAB and I want to change it to be more feminine but now I can't

Message 10 of 13 (2,355 Views)