[BY DESIGN] [CHEAT] Kill: Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit killed the wrong Sim!

by Jessycaz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [CHEAT] Kill: Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit killed the wrong Sim!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs except Star Wars, All Stuff packs except Fitness and Fashion, Only Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on cheats, shift click on a random Sim (I have only tried it with homeless Sims), click "Kill" then "be Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit"
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim was killed by a vicious killer rabbit!!!!!!!! Not the Sim I clicked on!
What do you expect to see? I expect that cheat code to apply to the selected Sim, not the Sim currently being played
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to kill a townie with this cheat, and my Sim was killed!!!!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (9,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CHEAT] Kill: Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit killed the wrong Sim!

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,041 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

yupp, it is always the currently active played sim that will be killed if you use this cheat.

Message 2 of 10 (8,938 Views)

Re: [CoL] Slain by a Vicious Killer Rabbit Sims can't be resurrected

★★★★ Guide
-- Side note -- I don't think I've ever really seen this cheat death work properly in my game. I've tried to use it a few times just for testing purposes but it doesn't execute right (pardon the pun lol). I shift click any sim near my sim and click the "kill with be slain by a vicious killer rabbit" and my sim dies every time instead of any other target. (I don't save the outcome) It's just puzzling to me.
Message 3 of 10 (8,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm pretty sure the Kill Sim cheat always kills your active sim though, regardless of who you clicked on.

Message 4 of 10 (7,992 Views)

Hero
@bookmaster325 Moving this over to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (7,985 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is so much garbage.   Even my spellcaster sim who is a virtuoso who could bring back the dead from all angles, even the wishing well will not bring the sim back.  I just removed the household. But I did lose sims from this.   Folks, please save your sims before sending them out as unplayable because they will die and there will be nothing you can do 

Message 6 of 10 (7,537 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ra7orrat
This is true. I wonder why that is. I want other sims to be slain by the vicious rabbit, not my own! lol
Message 7 of 10 (5,619 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mzda_grl
Hi, there
I didn't know there was such a thread. You bumped this thread up so I could see it. Thanks.
I have tried it before too. I always play with aging off, so my sims never see the Grim Reaper. But to no avail. I still had my sim die. If my sim dies, my sim cannot be friends with the reaper.
Is it by design that this thread is here instead of in a bug report? If so, it's a weird cheat code. I can't believe it's designed to make own sims die. And it's a code that comes up when you click on something other than own sim.
Message 8 of 10 (5,575 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did this too! I’d been editing the 7 other sims in my 8 bed uni flat in cas for hours, I’d finally finished and went to play with my sims without saving bc I was so bored of editing at that point, then I see some random ugly sim in the apartment and I’m like I cba to edit it so I try to kill it. My sims then dies and it’s the only one in the household and I have to exit and I lost all of those sims I edited, I’m so annoyed I really cba to play the game now, whish they would have a cheat where I could resurrect. At the least you’d expect them to make it so the kill… didn’t show up if you clicked on another sim. It’s really annoying how I don’t even want to play with a pack I just bought bc EA decided they didn’t want to make a simple little button clear or put in a resurrect cheat. You can cheat a sim into a plant but not resurrect it? Smh

Message 9 of 10 (2,592 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you! 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (2,042 Views)