CE-34878-0 Error PS4 has made Sims 4 Unplayable

by aznprideyo

Original Post

CE-34878-0 Error PS4 has made Sims 4 Unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load any household
What happens when the bug occurs? When any household finally loads up, about a minute or so later the game crashes and gives a ce-34878-0 error.
What do you expect to see? The game should not crash upon loading a household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

• This started on or around 8/7/21 - any household I try to play causes the game to crash and display error CE-34878-0. It started off with allowing me to play a little bit before crashing but gradually got worse until 8/9/21 when the game became unplayable. Right after the last update the game worked almost perfectly, the problems started when I was trying to finish a build in Henford-on-Bagley on the 2 Olde Mill Lane lot. The game would always eventually crash, but not before displaying broken objects/meshes and broken thumbnails/sim profile pictures. I have tried clearing the cache and deleting user data. Please help, I literally cannot play the game at all. 
Message 1 of 3 (356 Views)

Game crash on saving or in loading screen

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once game is loaded. I go to save or manage world and the game crashes with an error code. (CE-34878-0).This has also been reported through the ps4
What happens when the bug occurs? Blue screen with error details(CE-34878-0). And option to send report to sony.aw
What do you expect to see? I expect my game to successfully save or manage worlds to load
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Really getting fed up with these issues on console. Need this to get to EA to be sorted. So sick spending my money on this game to get virtually no decent gameplay. 

Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

Re: Game crash on saving or in loading screen

★★★ Newbie

So, I’ve been able to play cottage living except on the 2 Old Mill Rd and the Watson family lot in the Old New Henford neighborhood. Those two lots are definitely bugged - I may just have to post a new topic. Am also unable to save and edit to menu without it crashing - I have to save first and then just exit the game. 

Message 3 of 3 (273 Views)
Twitter Stream