[CD] Spayed cats coming home pregnant

by Czarina_Iris

Original Post

Re: Spayed cats coming home pregnant

EA Staff
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Would you mind creating a new thread? your issue is different from what is tracked here, bug you are describing is more similar to this old thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Neutered-cats-come-on-heat/m-p/9471707
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959959/why-is-my-neutered-cat-going-into-heat these were fixed and looks like this started reappearing so we would want a new thread for tracking purposes.

Please create a new thread for your bug.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 13 (440 Views)

Spayed Cat Keeps Getting Pregnant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Good Question/Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Blooming Rooms, Pastel pop, Everyday Clutter, Cottage Living, City Living, Dream Home Decorator, Get to Work, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a cat spayed and wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat goes into labor and gives birth. She (I'm filling this out for my roommate) names the kittens, and they are added to the household. Brought cat back to the vet and have the option to un-spay cat, so the game clearly thinks she's been spayed. Cat has given birth twice now while supposedly spayed.
What do you expect to see? Spayed cats should not keep getting pregnant while spayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

She says she has some custom content, but it should not be affecting her cat because it is mostly clutter and clothing/hair for human sims.

Message 12 of 13 (296 Views)

Re: Spayed Cat Keeps Getting Pregnant

★ Guide
@Catfaerie4 I haven't played for hours in a while and it takes a long time for animals to go into heat. I saw somewhere in this thread that a person told them to play the game with a fresh folder/no mods, then came back quickly asking if the problem still exists.

Is it expected to play for hours, waiting for animals to get pregnant? That seems excessive. If EA plans to fix this, they need to do the troubleshooting since they're paid to play it nonstop until they see the problem (kittens/puppies) pop up. Agree?
Message 13 of 13 (248 Views)