by Nozladi

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Sims Do Not Walk the Dog

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I would think try to take a dog for a walk
What happens when the bug occurs? You send a Sim to take a dog for a walk (short, medium, long) and it will not move. Ever. It leashes up and just stands there.
What do you expect to see? The Sim take the dog for a walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am not sure if it was patch 1.28 or 1.29

I haven't checked taking the dog for a jog, or leashing and sending the Sim for a jog from their commands instead of the dog menu.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 17 (2,952 Views)

unable to walk dog

★ Novice

Hi, Im having issues.

I am trying to walk my dog, the sim will leash the dog but then they will just stand there and not move, I have attached a screenshot of what happens, they seem to just stand in the same places for 'sim hours' and not move, I dont seem to have any other issues but this one.

TIA

Message 1 of 17 (2,786 Views)

Re: unable to walk dog

Champion

@EliteZombie1997 A few things you can try if this happens again:

• Try clicking pause then play several times for the Si. sometimes this kicks them back into responding when frozen/
  • Try unleashing the dog and feeding it, watch it for about a Sim half hour after it eats to see if it goes to sleep or acts sick. A hungry, sleepy, or sick pet will act odd and not want to listen to commands - even a walk.
  • (Same goes for the Sim. If the Sim in the red or close to it in any needs they may not want to listen to you also. None of your sim's needs look dire so it shouldn't be the the current case for you, but I thought I'd mention it for future reference.)
  • Try exiting the lot to the world and re-entering the lot and see if all is well and 'reset' and it works now.
  • Try exiting the lot to the Main Menu and re-entering the lot and see if all is well and 'reset' and it works now.
  • Try exiting the game and re-entering the lot and see if all is well and 'reset' and it works now.
  • You can try resetting the Sim and the dog.
  • Do you have Mods/CC? If you do they may be causing an issue. You could eliminate this possibility by doing the following:
    Exit the game and your "Mods" folder to your desktop. Then Delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then re-enter the game and see if the issue is gone.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 17 (2,734 Views)

Re: Sims Do Not Walk the Dog

Hero
@Nozladi Does it happen in all neighborhoods or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,900 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict    I have no idea. Good question. My house is in Newcrest for reference. I do know I never had the problem before the newest update. They walked the dog often and without issues. Would you like me to travel with Lady and see if she can be walked elsewhere?

Message 5 of 17 (2,868 Views)

Hero
@Nozladi Yeah, best to troubleshoot to figure out if it happens:

- For other Sims
- In other neighborhoods
- In a fresh save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,859 Views)

Hero
@Nozladi Have you had a chance to further test this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,794 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't seem to have trouble elsewhere (other neighborhoods, even went to Granite Falls). And with my house in Newcrest, it has happened a couple more times. There doesn't seem to be a trigger other than the issues I already have. A reboot of the game tends to solve it. 

Thank you for checking in. I appreciate that.

Message 8 of 17 (2,776 Views)

Sim and dog won't go for walks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Strangerville, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to take your dog on a short, medium, or long walk
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim leashes the dog and then they both stand there and nothing happens. Even cancelling the walk action to select to move them somewhere else while leashed, they do not move
What do you expect to see? The sim and the leashed dog go for a walk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pretty much as described above. This is happening in Newcrest, I haven't tested other neighborhoods. My sim has a small dog, haven't recently tried with a large dog. 

Message 9 of 17 (2,738 Views)

Re: Sim and dog won't go for walks

Hero
@meatballhead3 Which lot are you starting from ? Is it all in Newcrest ? Do you have issues with other hoods too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,703 Views)