by Kametisu

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [SE] Leaving the Space Heater On Causes Pets to Constantly Sleep

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cottage Living, Journey to Batuu, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a cat or dog via CAS, purchase a Best Friend Forever Space Heater and place it in any room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets would usually sit around the vicinity (or room) of the space heater and sleep. When they wake up, they either immediately go back to sleep or might work on their needs before going around the heater to sleep once again.
What do you expect to see? Pets to not constantly sleep around the space heater.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed in my old save file that my sim's dog would always sleep around the space heater and so, I put this bug to the test with a new save file:

I created 6 pets (3 cats and 3 dogs) of different breeds and traits. I purchased a Best Friend Forever Space Heater, placed it in the living room of 2-4-3 Wakabamori and removed all furniture that may block the view. All 6 pets slept near the space heater.

Pets will eat and play with the ball without the space heater interrupting. Dogs can go to the potty outside without any trouble. However, the space heater interrupted the cats from using the litter boxes I placed in the living room and so, I decided to place them in the bedroom. Unfortunately, moving the litter boxes did not work as one of the cats jumped into the litter box, only to get out and return to sleep.

This bug happens in a one-floored house and I am unsure if this also affects multiple floored residential lots. I will post an update if required.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,427 Views)

Re: [CD] [SE] Leaving the Space Heater On Causes Pets to Constantly Sleep

★★★ Guide

Huh. I had a game I started around the time that SE came out and my Sim's 2 cats were asleep nearly the entire winter and I couldn't figure out why. They'd occasionally wake up with uncomfortable moodlets and then fall back asleep before they ate or used the litter box. And yeah, there was a space heater in that room, set to auto-thermostat, so your sleuthing here definitely fits what was going on there. Thanks!

Message 2 of 3 (1,370 Views)

Re: [CD] [SE] Leaving the Space Heater On Causes Pets to Constantly Sleep

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@wombatilim

No problem. It's a shame that I have to rely on the thermostat instead of the space heater to prevent this endless cycle of sleeping.

The power bill will be soaring...

Message 3 of 3 (1,349 Views)