by Brycket

Original Post

[CD] Large dog shrinks into ground during a unique idle animation

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except Snowy Escape; Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat; Paranormal, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a large dog. I'm not sure what determines if the glitch occurs, though, as the household has another large dog unaffected by the glitch. Interactions don't trigger it, as this seems to be a glitched idle animation different from the rest. * Edited to add: I don't know if it's relevant, but my sims live in Sulani, in the southern house by the ocean (the one that is held up by stilts).
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog's legs sink into the ground, and its body seems to shrink as well (head shrinks into neck). The closest similarity would be the "sad dog" animation, except that one plays normally. After the animation plays, the dog clips to normal size.
What do you expect to see? Either an adult dog version of the animation, if it's a bug with confusing dog sizes, or for it to not exist at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. May 2021 update

I think it might have something to do with the dog being a mixed breed, though the same goes for the unaffected dog as well. Maybe the glitched dog had a smaller parent (it was created through randomization) which confuses the game?

*Edited to add possibly relevant information, and to fix incorrect patch update

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (605 Views)

Re: Large dog shrinks into ground during a unique idle animation

Hero
@Brycket Could you please add a video of this (upload to unlisted youtube or google/one drive(

Could be terrain related. Does it happen everywhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice

I only have it tested indoors. But if it were a terrain issue, wouldn't the other dog be affected as well?

Video attached below

Message 3 of 6 (547 Views)

Hero
@Brycket Would be really great if you could upload it to youtube. The video is just too small when you upload here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (530 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's the link 

Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

Hero
@Brycket Thanks :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (481 Views)