by limetess

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [GT] Taking dog for walk or jog not working in Windslar /Windenburg

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Living in the Rustic Residence lot in the Windslar neighborhood in Windenburg, with an adult large dog if you go for any kind of walk or jog with the dog, the sims never come back home
What happens when the bug occurs? With any kind of walk or jog with the dog, the sims never come back home. They're gone for hours and all their needs diminish to the point that they are in desperation mode. Even when I cancel the interaction and try to get them to go back home, they get frozen until I cancel the "leashed" sub-action. Then when I tell the sim to go home, they will but they walk so slow that it takes a ton more time for them to get home. Even on a "short" walk or a job, they go so far and are gone for so long and their needs diminish so much that it completely derails the gameplay for that sim.
What do you expect to see? The sim and dog should go out and do their walk/jog and then come home within a reasonable amount of time. Like the short walk should be 20-30 minutes and the jog should definitely be less than an hour, who would jog with a dog for longer than an hour?? And if the walk is cancelled I should be able to send them home with no freezing or delay. Would also be really excellent to be able to have them make their way home at any point on the outing, like if they're jogging I could click on the sim and have an option like "head home" or something so they can still be jogging, but just head home when it's been long enough.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The only CC I have are some hairstyles

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (812 Views)

Re: Taking dog for walk or jog not working

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can duplicate this on PS5. Living on the lot that you described, I made a new sim in a new game and placed them with a large dog. I used a Chow for my dog. I sent my sim on a jog with the dog, and the jog continued until her hygiene hit 0, then she'd reset and head home.

I gave her the gym rat trait, so then her jog would last for 5 hours, at which time her low fitness fatigue would hit +3 and she'd be too uncomfortable to continue and have to go home. If your sim has high fitness and gym rat, I imagine the run would be much, much longer.

Finally I chose the "short walk" interaction with the dog. Grand total time for a short walk was 12 sim hours. 

Edit: I should note that I tried duplicating this in Brindleton Bay first with both the Heckings and the Delgato families, but there was no issue in their neighborhoods.

Message 2 of 5 (766 Views)

Re: [CD] [GT] Taking dog for walk or jog not working in Windslar /Windenburg

Hero
@limetess Is this the only hood you had issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Dog walking in the large Windenburg neighborhoods has always been grueling. The island is slightly better.

Dog walking, anywhere but BB is and has been "glitchy."

Some neighborhoods are better than others.

Small neighborhoods are better than large.

Walkers can get stuck endlessly waiting to greet or be greeted by a Sim that never arrives.

Sims autonomously decide to interact with their dog and get stuck waiting.

Canceling a walk can be hard, especially if the Sim or the dog are in some sort of waiting mode. 

Walks seem to involve stopping points along the route. Some neighborhoods  - especially the big ones - seem to have some kind of endless loop of visiting these spots and - it seems - no prompt to return to "Home."

My solution to neighborhoods with glitchy walk routes is to leash the dog and use the "encourage to do business" prompt. Your Sim will get the "nice walk" mood from this and can then go home. Not as much fun as going for an actual walk, but better than nothing. On the plus side, you can walk to places you wouldn't normally visit - or have your dog "do their business" of your neighbors driveway. Wink

Adding: Bienchen and LittleMsSam both have mods for shorter dog walks. Haven't tried them. Not helpful for consoles.

Message 4 of 5 (728 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict yes, but I'm pretty sure it's the only place I've tried it. My families in other neighborhoods/worlds happen to not have pets yet
Message 5 of 5 (706 Views)